We are currently recruiting for an Import Clerk for our client based in Witham. You will be required to provide a valuable service within the Operations department and organise the safe, efficient and cost effective transportation of goods.
- Taking bookings
- Arranging cargo collections
- Liaising with clients, overseas agents and internal departments
- Trailer load planning
- Quoting for import and export trailer groupage
- Raising files
- Raising Manifests and CMR's
- Invoicing/charging of export files
- Preparing loading lists for the warehouse
- Maintaining accurate administrative records
- Respond and deal with customer communication by email and telephone
- Resolving and managing queries and complaints courteously and efficiently
- Ensuring site and customer objectives are achieved
- Any duties/tasks as requested by the Line Manager or a Director
- GCSE in Maths and English
- One year's experience in working within an Operations or Transport office.
- Ability to work to a deadline is essential
- Ability to consolidate cargo in the UK, with a good understanding on how to maximise their trailer payloads.
- Must be able to plan loads and have had experience with using weights/cubes.
- The candidate must be commercially aware and liaise closely with the sales department, be able to negotiate favourable rates and win business for their trade route.
- Good communication skills and high level of customer service.
- Ability to work as part of a busy team
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good communication and organising skills
- Team player
- Clear and confident communicator
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Flexible to hours of work
When you are emailing your CV to Pursuit, please ensure it has your telephone numbers (including your mobile), your email and home addresses on. To confirm your identity, you will be required to bring your passport with you when registering.
Due to the amount of response we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to individuals, if you have not heard back within 7 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for.
Don't keep a good thing to yourself we grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up.
Pursuit Resources Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.pursuitgroup.co.uk
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job