We are currently seeking a fluent Dutch speaker to join our clients Import and Transhipment team on a permanent staff basis in Southampton. Our client provides global shipping logistical solutions for car and truck manufacturers, heavy equipment and specialised cargo. They are therefore seeking an Import and Transhipment Representative that is fluent in Dutch to assist the European team.
This role with have a range of tasks and responsibilities including:
- Collaborating with a variety of stakeholders including customers, Sales Support and Account Managers
- Updating the company system with relevant Import and Transhipment information, including local charges, cargo status updates, on-carriage leg bookings and bills of lading
- Compiling final discharge lists for operations
- Verifying post-discharge cargo tallies, investigating anomalies and acting accordingly
- Sending Notices of Arrival timely and accurately
- Issuing invoices and collecting freight prior to releasing cargo
- Issuing Delivery Orders where applicable and releasing cargo
- Meeting pre-defined performance targets (KPI's) in the most cost-efficient way
Skills, experience and attributes:
- Experience with shipping documentation (international shipping & local authority regulations)
- Fluent in Dutch both verbally and written.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to understand customer shipping and logistical requirements
- Ability to work with accuracy and a high attention to detail
- Good problem solving abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict timelines
- Ability to work flexibly to meet changing priorities and business needs
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without visa restrictions.
For more information, please contact Rebecca Hadaway on or email Rebecca.Hadaway @ blueprintrecruit.com and quote 13829. Alternatively, you can apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' link and following the instructions.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job