Implementation / Technical Software Consultant
Location: Reading Office/London – You will be required to visit the Reading office roughly twice a week and there will be travel to client sites, and this will sometimes require overnight stays with most client sites are in the UK.
Salary: £40,000 per annum
Summary of the Implementation / Technical Software Consultant role:
Working with Cherwell Software ITSM software across a range of customers, this primarily implementation position provides high quality technical consulting and software implementation services to both new and existing clients, ensuring we build a lasting relationship with clients.
The successful candidate must have strong communication and analytical skills and must work to high standards while maintaining the ability to “get the job done” within deadlines. Team work is necessary as is the ability to work without direct supervision. You will also be expected to work directly with client staff e.g. workshops, scoping requirements, configuring Cherwell to meet the business need, providing technical training and providing handover assistance etc.
Full training on Cherwell software will be provided but the candidate must have good ITSM software implementation skills with another software vendor (internal or external)/
Responsibilities of the Implementation / Technical Software Consultant:
- Planning, managing and delivering successful, timely and on-budget projects, at times for more than one client concurrently.
- Gather process and business information, and prepare appropriate documentation
- Scoping the requirement with the client
- Encapsulate the requirement in a workflow process
- Planning and designing
- End to end construction (workflows, field and screen changes, interfaces, integration with 3rd party products e.g. asset management systems).
- De-bugging and testing
- Train client staff in technical aspects of our software
- Supporting pre-sales activity and providing estimates for project deliverables.
Requirements of the Implementation / Technical Software Consultant:
- Good experience of IT Service Management processes and ITIL
- Good experience of IT Service Management Software Implementation (Cherwell Software or another vendor)
- A good understanding of SQL Server 2005 to 2016, server and database administration.
- Broad understanding of ITSM software landscape and other IT Operational Software is an advantage
- Experience of Software API development would be useful but not essential
- Understanding of AI would be useful but not essential
- Understanding of Microsoft Azure and SaaS
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of the Implementation / Technical Software Consultant then please apply now!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job