Implementation / Technical Software Consultant
Location: London - There will be some travel to client sites, and this will sometimes require overnight stays. Most client sites are in the UK, but we are increasingly expanding into Europe.
Salary: £40,000 per annum
Summary of the Implementation / Technical Software Consultant role:
Working with the Aderant Expert software package within the legal and enterprise market, this primarily development position provides high quality technical consulting services to both new and existing clients, ensuring we build a lasting relationships with clients.
The successful candidate must have strong communication and analytical skills and must work to high standards while maintaining the ability to “get the job done” within deadlines. Team work is necessary as is the ability to work without direct supervision. You will also be expected to work directly with client staff e.g. scoping requirements, providing technical training and providing handover assistance etc.
Responsibilities of the Implementation / Technical Software Consultant:
- Planning, managing and delivering successful, timely and on-budget projects, at times for more than one client concurrently.
- Gather process and business information, and prepare appropriate documentation
- Scoping the requirement with the client
- Encapsulate the requirement in a workflow process
- Train client staff in technical aspects of our software
- Planning and designing
- End to end construction (workflows, field and screen changes, interfaces, integration with 3rd party products e.g. document management systems).
- De-bugging and testing
- Supporting pre-sales activity and providing estimates for project deliverables.
Requirements of the Implementation / Technical Software Consultant:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related area.
- Extensive experience of SQL Server 2005 to 2016, server and database administration.
- T-SQL querying and programming.
- Experience with MS Workflow Foundation 4.0 would be ideal, or MS Workflow Foundation 3.5 or MS Sharepoint workflow if not. Other non-Microsoft workflow engine experience would also be useful – e.g. SAP, Oracle.
- Broad and basic experience of MS C# preferable (or latest versions of VB .Net).
- Experience with a major scripting language – Python would be preferred (or Ruby, PHP).
- Experience using APIs.
- Familiarity with SSRS / SSAS / SSIS.
- Source control experience (eg TFS)– and packaging of work to deliver the output to clients.
Familiarity with data warehouse concepts and business intelligence dashboards would also be useful, as would experience with a Document Management system such as i-Manage.
To succeed in this role you must be:
- Mature in outlook and able to take responsibility for your actions.
- Able to travel and work away from home at client sites, and work extended hours, sometimes at short notice.
- A self-starter who is able to take responsibility for your own learning and managing your own workload.
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of staff, both technical and non-technical.
- Quick to learn and interested in new technologies.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of the Implementation / Technical Software Consultant then please apply now!