We are looking for an Impact and Evaluation Manager who will lead on the evaluation of the OfS Access funding and who will be key to the development and delivery of the evaluation work. The Impact and Evaluation Manager will drive the collection and collation of data related to student access, engagement, student progression and success (both academic and employment related), and undertake analysis to inform us of the evidence and impact of the OfS Access funding.
The Impact and Evaluation Manager will work closely with the Director of CfSS, Programme Manager at CfSS, The Schools and Colleges Team, and the Project Leads (who are funded to deliver the projects and initiatives) in supporting them to develop their evaluation initiatives. The evaluation work led by the Impact Evaluation Manager and Evaluation Support Officers will enable us to evidence, measure, and demonstrate the impact of the funding.
The Impact Evaluation Manager will line manage the two Impact Evaluation Support Officers.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead on the development and delivery of the OfS Access funding evaluation to measure and evidence access, progression, retention, and success of the interventions being delivered to our students
- Specify and operate an effective system to monitor and report on the impact of support interventions for students.
- Undertake qualitative and quantitative analysis of multiple sources of data to generate understanding and to work with colleagues to make recommendations aimed at improving outcomes for students across the university. Work with Line Manager, teams and Project Leads in promoting these recommendations, including through the deliberative committee structure and formal/ informal networks. Write reports and briefing documents as required to fulfil this duty.
- Provide data and analysis to OfS monitoring information and HESA return as required.
- Produce impact, analysis, evaluation, and monitoring reports for the OfS as required.
- Work with the Project Leads to create and collate evidence in order to evaluate all OfS Access projects' activity to ensure they are strategic and have the greatest impact.
- Support in the carrying out self-assessments to OfS criteria against the UEL Access and Participation Plan.
- Work with the Schools and Colleges Team in carrying out Higher Education Access Tracker (HEAT) analysis.
- Line manage staff as required in the unit, fulfilling all the duties of the immediate staff manager as set out in the policies and procedures, including health and safety, managing staff performance, sickness absence, grievances and staff misconduct (including the issue of formal warnings, where appropriate).
- Assist the Director of the Centre for Student Success as part of the Centre's management team in devising the Centre's strategic and operational plans, in particular ensuring that the plans are driven by an effective analysis of the data.
- Liaise with colleagues across the institution, and other outside organisations, as required by the role.
- To take a flexible approach to work (attendance at early morning and evening meetings will be required).
- To undertake any other duties, in line with the level of the post, and as directed by your line management.
- To work in accordance with the Equality and Diversity Policies
EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
- A good first degree in a relevant subject (including numerical/statistical analysis)
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Substantial experience in undertaking detailed data and impact analysis, using data sets to inform decision making. (A/I)
- Broad range of research skills, including quantitative and qualitative design and data collection, and an ability to navigate and analyse large complex data sets for formative and summative purposes. (A/I)
- Excellent experience of implementing systems to measure and demonstrate the impact of activities. (A/I)
- Substantial experience of qualitative and quantitative analysis, and producing reports to demonstrate evidence and impact.
- Research experience or experience in evaluating education programmes. (A/I)
- Excellent experience of leading, planning and delivering the evaluation of funded projects. (A/I)
- Experience of providing leadership and managing the work of other staff. (A/I)
- Knowledge of the drivers and policy agenda in the UK Higher Education sector. (A/I)
- Experience of working effectively through formal committee structures and informal networks to achieve goals. (A/I)
- Good IT skills with the ability to produce reports based on understanding and manipulating complex statistical data, and an understanding of how IT systems can improve service outcomes. (A/I)
- Experience of using Higher Education Access Tracker (HEAT). (A/I)
- Good database and CRM knowledge. (A/I)
- Experience of completing HESA return. (A/I)
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy
- Department manager
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'