Immigration and VISA Officer
VFS Global is the world's largest Outsourcing & Technology Service Specialists for Diplomatic Missions and Governments Worldwide. Today, VFS Global serves the interests of Diplomatic Missions of 55 Client Governments and operates over 2329 Visa Application Centres in 129 countries worldwide and has processed over 145 million visa applications since its inception in 2001.
We are looking for a Officer - Operations with immediate start date.
Contract duration:6 months with possibility of extension.
Working hours: 7hours/day from 8:30am to 3:30pm, 5 days per week Monday to Friday. You will be required to work outside of your normal working hours 3:30pm - 5:30pm on occasion due to business requirements and this will be advised by managers (this will be paid as overtime).
- Processing applications and data entry
- Collection and scrutiny of passports from the Russian Visa Application Centre
- Handover of Passports to the High commission and/or its Consulates.
- Handover of passports to Courier/Applicants
- Handling of postal applications
- Scanning and uploading of documentation
- Tracking of passports
- Handling customer queries in person, by email and on the telephone
- Fee collection and cash handling
- Preparing reports for day to day transactions
- General administration duties
- The above list is not exhaustive, and other duties may be required from time to time in line with business requirements.
Experience/ Qualification required:
- Excellent written & verbal English communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- A good attention to accuracy and detail
- A proactive can-do attitude
- Flexible / ready and willing to work in shifts
This is certainly not an exhaustive list of duties, as dealing with the general public brings new challenges on a daily basis
- Customer Queries