Broadband and Telecoms Specialist
£18k Basic and excellent commission and bonuses
Fun, Vibrant Office based in Sheffield
We are looking for technical people who are passionate about delivering excellent customer service and who are skilled in resolving Broadband technical issues.
If that’s you, come and join our award winning team and keep Britain’s businesses up and running.
- Have at least 12 months experience of handling Broadband technical support issues.
- Enjoy working in a customer facing environment.
- Have an understanding of IP Networks, basic routing and how they are used to deliver broadband services.
- An understanding of ADSL, Fibre, home networking and associated broadband technologies.
- Have excellent people skills and have great empathy with customers.
- Are a logical problem solver that is flexible in their methods used to resolve customer problems.
- Have a real interest and curiosity in getting to the bottom of Broadband issues and further building and sharing your personal knowledge with others.
Essential skills we are looking for:
- An understanding of Broadband networking (Copper/Fibre) and Voice (IPBX/VOIP).
- Experience in configuration and management of CPE's for home use e.g. Technicolor Routers.
- Experience in an IS environment, troubleshooting small business / consumer issues.
- Experience of working with Windows/IOS/Unix Operating systems and basic troubleshooting on network connectivity issues.
- Experience and understanding of wired & wireless technologies
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage customer Broadband issues through to resolution.
- Identify a solution to each customer's problem drawing upon your technical knowledge, that of your colleagues, the training you will receive and the range of diagnostic tools available to you.
- Communicate with the customer mainly by telephone and through email and SMS.
- Capture all the relevant details from each case that will allow other team members to diagnose the root causes issues.
- Build and share your knowledge on the best way to solve customer's problems and improvements that can be made to tools and processes.
- Customer Support
- Technical Support
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job