This is a Global financial institution which needs no introduction. Due to the implementation of the new IFRS 17 accounting standard set for 2021, this is a new position which has been created as part of a joint risk-finance implementation programme set up to manage the required changes across the organisation's Global Insurance operations.
As an IFRS 17 Technical Analyst, your role will be to support the analysis, interpretation and understanding of the requirements of the new standard, as well as the impact on the organisation's insurance business.
As a team you will be responsible for drafting technical papers on the key aspects of the requirements, and also offer technical support on the implementation of the new standard to Finance and Business teams. You will also develop and recommend Group accounting policies, providing detailed practical guidance around IFRS 17.
The successful applicant will possess all or most of the following:
- ACA qualification or overseas equivalent
- Life insurance experience including a solid understanding of policy administration, actuarial and accounting systems
- Good knowledge of IFRS 17
- Outstanding IFRS technical accounting skills from industry or practice
- Good working knowledge of IFRS 17
- Preparation/audit of financial statements under IFRS either in a Big 4 firm or a UK insurer
This is a fantastic opportunity to become a true subject matter expert. You will be part of a globally recognised and highly respected organisation which operates a dynamic working environment, with success and excellence at the forefront of everything they do. A competitive salary and benefits teamed with outstanding technology, tools and support await the successful candidate.
Please contact me today for immediate consideration.