This is an salary employed position working as an Independent Financial Adviser, offering regulated Financial Planning and Advice to existing and new clients.
As an employed adviser you represent the business. As such you will be well placed to proactively address any enquiries received by the business, carry out any regulated client duties as required by the Directors and be keen to build the client base as well as promoting the brand.
You will be a motivated and energetic individual comfortable working independently as well as part of a team. You will be required to generate new client interest by attending and at times managing and delivering events, self- generating client appointments and developing professional connections.
The business will commit to providing you with exceptional quality business development tools and 1:1 support to aid you in achieving your goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To demonstrate that you are 'fit and proper’ and meet the requirements of the approved persons regime and as an individual of the utmost integrity.
- To provide the customer with focussed financial advice by:
- Conducting thorough Fact find meetings and drawing out the financial needs and aspirations of the client
- Providing appropriate financial advice based on accurately assessed client goals, needs and aspirations
- Communicate with the business, colleagues and clients in a timely manner and in a clear, fair and not misleading manner
- Maintain ongoing relationship with clients by regularly reviewing their needs and providing appropriate ongoing advice, in line with the provisions of the client and Fee agreement as prescribed
- Follow the approved sales process under the guidance of the compliance department
- Treat customers fairly by constantly reviewing and amending working practices when appropriate
- Share best practice with team and other colleagues
- Meet Regulatory, Quality and Compliance Standards as per the T&C scheme
- Keep up to date with all regulatory changes affecting the provision of advice
- Ensure all CPD and training is being undertaken and reported regularly
Fact Finding Skills
- Competent use of Standard IT applications
- Demonstration of strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence and build strong relationships
- Ability to deliver high quality presentations
- Excellent client relationship skills
- In depth technical knowledge of investments and tax planning
- Knowledge of all Retail Investment Products, generic and provider specific in order to meet independence requirements.
- Strong working application of appropriate and client focussed sales process
- Understanding/knowledge of the responsibilities to comply with the TCF principles and work with customers at the centre of everything you do
- A proven track record within financial services or the financial services industry
- Knowledge of Life assurance, pensions and investment industry
- Understanding of current UK tax regime
- Ability to understand and communicate the aspects of suitability with the customer, including capacity for loss and attitude to risk.
- Minimum 2 years industry experience
Experience and Qualifications:
- CII Level 4 Diploma or recognised industry equivalent
- Satisfy the FCA criteria for an approved person
- Demonstrate and maintain own CPD
- CAS status (desirable)
- Transferable client book (desirable)
As per Employed RI contract and remuneration policy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"