IFA Technical Consultant
Providing financial planning support to advisers in a successful team and assist them in delivering an outstanding financial planning service to new and existing clients
- Preparing for and attending all client meetings wherever possible
- Gathering and analysing comprehensive, detailed information from clients, their professional advisers and others
- Producing comprehensive and clear suitability letters for clients
- Preparing a series of lifetime cashflow models relevant to each client’s circumstances, objectives and possible financial outcomes
- Communicating these models to each client in person and subsequently in writing
- Dealing with queries and modified scenarios as required
- Constructing and producing a financial plan to address each client’s lifetime objectives in the context of these cashflow models, generally comprising (but not limited to) contingency planning, legacy/succession planning, asset allocation/wealth management and tax planning
- Carrying out regular reviews of clients’ financial plans, circumstances and objectives
- Dealing with complex and technical client queries as and when they arise
- Interpreting new technical information, legislative and regulatory changes from various in-house and external sources and ensuring the team remains compliant with FCA and internal compliance procedures.
- Already be in a paraplanning role involving direct contact with clients
- Previous extensive experience within the independent sector of the financial service industry
- Be working towards becoming a Chartered Financial Planner (or IFP equivalent)
- Understand the principles of asset allocation and portfolio construction
- Have excellent knowledge of investment, life and pensions products and current legislation
- Have broad knowledge of esoteric products, including VCT and EIS investments and structured products
- Have a comprehensive understanding of Income Tax, CGT, IHT, Trusts and both DC and DB pension transfers
- Understands the importance and benefits of lifetime cashflow modelling
- Previous experience of using Intelliflo an advantage
- Based in Farringdon
- From £45,000 + depending on experience
- Discretionary bonus structure
- Monday to Friday; 9.00am - 5.30pm
Please note; Due to the large number of applications that we receive, if you have not had a response within 7 days, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Follow us on Twitter or join our Facebook community by clicking 'Like’ on our Optima Recruitment Ltd page. Be the first to see our jobs as well as useful information about the job market, CVs and interviews.
Optima Recruitment acts as both an 'Employment Agency’ & 'Employment Business’ providing recruitment services throughout Surrey.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job