ICU Registered Nurses - Warrington and Halton Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Could you bring your valued ICU experience as a Registered Nurse to support patients at Warrington and Halton Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust?
Here at NHS Professionals, we're with you. When you want to work. How you want to work. Supporting your lifestyle.
Who are we looking for?
Do you have experience in providing exceptional care as an ICU Nurse in a hospital setting? Would you like to be part of an NHS Foundation Trust providing first class services at Warrington and Halton Hospitals? This trust's approach is based on five core values: Workforce Together, Excellence, Accountable, Role Models and Embracing Change. If you embrace these values and are motivated to making a difference to WHH's patients, and would like your work to be flexible to fit your lifestyle and circumstances, then we would love to hear from you!
We have lots of flexible shifts, block bookings and wider opportunities available for Registered ICU Nursesat Warrington and Halton NHS Foundation Trust.
Location is commutable from Manchester, Liverpool, Chester, Wirral and Runcorn.
Day: £23.49 / Night&Sat: £30.55 / Sun&BH: £37.60
Supporting our NHS
Not only are we with you, but we're also helping to support our NHS. As winter draws ever closer, demand for additional support in our NHS is increasing. Everyone's efforts are truly appreciated, whether you can work a small number of shifts or longer-term block bookings, we have a wide range of shifts through the bank available to suit you.?
What will be your main responsibilities?
The role will involve, but not be limited to you performing the following:
- Assessing and monitoring patient conditions
- Checking symptoms and vital signs and arranging diagnostic tests
- Recognising, responding to, and managing emergency situations
- Supporting, advising, and educating patients and their families
- Plan, deliver and evaluate standards of evidence-based nursing care
- Administering intravenous drips or different types of medication
- Recognising deterioration in the physical or mental condition of a patient and taking appropriate action / escalation
- Checking and using specialised equipment such as monitors and ventilators
- Displaying excellent analytical ability and sound decision making in changing clinical situations
- Recognising limitations and escalating concerns
- Assisting in the development of new staff, students, and colleagues
- Working as an effective team member and promoting team and interdisciplinary relationships
To apply for this post, you will/have:
- A minimum of 6 months paid experience in ICU within the last 2 years
- Comply with NMC Professional Registration and keep up to date with current nursing practices
- Undertake nursing assessment and evaluation to enable development of appropriate plans of care based on the needs of the individual
- Be able to work under own initiative and without direct supervision
- Be proficient in the delivery of care to patients
- Ensure safe administration of drugs in accordance with NMC and CHS policies
- Ensure accurate records are kept in accordance with CHS policy and NMC guidelines
- Carry out nursing procedures and techniques in accordance with agreed policies and standards
- Undertake regular mandatory training*
*Depending on the Trust, you may require variable additional certification and skills.
In return for your hard work and commitment, NHS Professionals (NHSP) offers you some fantastic benefits:
- Competitive pay rates - work this week, get paid next week!
- First choice of shifts or placements at your Trust- access before they are made available to agency
- Varied working options to suit your lifestyle - access to the Bank gives you options of ad hoc shifts or fixed term placements
- Training and development opportunities
- Build holiday allowance for every shift you work
- Manage your shifts and timesheets on the go- access your "My Bank" shift portal anywhere, anytime online or through your smartphone
- Essential support when you need it - 24/7 365 days - Call us anytime
- Stakeholder pension scheme available
Who are NHS Professionals?
We are owned by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), running England's largest NHS staff bank, with over 50 client Trusts. We specialise in flexible working, which means giving our members greater access to shifts, in line with their qualifications and training. Every year we help thousands of dedicated candidates and highly skilled NHS workers enjoy better career opportunities, access to more shifts and a healthier work-life balance, giving more choice and control to our members.
Right now, we have members across England registered on our bank from various roles, grades, and specialities, saving the NHS millions each year. This money is then reinvested back into the NHS to provide better patient care.
COVID-19 vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients from the virus when working in our healthcare settings. Whilst COVID-19 vaccination is not currently a condition of employment, we do encourage our bank members who are not clinically exempt from vaccination to get vaccinated.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'