Offering a friendly working environment, a varied position that promotes career and professional development,and the opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of young people, we are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual to provide IT support to the Trust ICT Department.
Clarion Academy Trust was established in 2017 and currently consists of Hobart High School, Thurlton Primary School and Pakefield High School. Our staff are dedicated to and passionate about securing the best possible outcomes for our young people and create excellence in a caring community.
You will be primarily based at Pakefield High School, Lowestoft and this is an all year round position.
Role responsibilities – ICT Technician:
As one of our ICT Technicians, you will look after school networks, install, order and maintain software and hardware and provide technical support to teachers and pupils. Other duties include:
- Ensuring internet systems are safe and offer full child protection
- Maintaining and developing the school’s internal and external websites
- Assisting staff and students using ICT
- Maintaining hardware peripherals (e.g. scanners, printers, external drives)
- Installing new software and upgrading existing applications
- Running diagnostics and providing service desk support
- Completing hardware installation and maintenance
- Liaising with suppliers on maintenance or repairs
This may also be suitable as an apprenticeship, applications from those interested in an apprenticeship role in ICT would be welcomed.
- Knowledge of operating systems, networking, hardware and software commonly used in schools
- Good problem solving skills
- Able to explain problems and solutions clearly to non-technical users
- Experience of working within an educational setting would be an advantage, but is not essential
- Good organisational skills
- The ability to prioritise, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- A patient and methodical approach
- Able to work alone or as part of a team
- An awareness of health and safety, and safeguarding within a school environment
Terms of role:
You will be required to complete an application form after initial application for this ICT Technician role.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people across our schools. The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS and have checks carried out with previous employers.
Closing date: 3:00pm on Thursday 15th April 2021
Interviews will be held week commencing Monday 19th April 2021
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'