You will provide first line internal IT Helpdesk support throughout the business, ensuring support incidents and requests are managed through to resolution for system users across the UK, including employees based at the Dundee Head Office, field staff and home based workers.
This post requires the ability to work in a dynamic and varied business environment, supporting a range of different systems.
- Install and configure computer hardware, operating systems and software applications to agreed configurations/specifications.
- Undertake basic networking troubleshooting.
- Perform daily server backup checks to ensure they have completed successfully.
- Provide support for and installing Microsoft Windows 7 & 10 operating system.
- Undertake routine maintenance on printers and multi-function devices including changing toner cartridges and installing maintenance kits as required.
- Ensure all end user devices, hardware and software are patched to current levels and all security software is maintained to latest versions.
- Setup and configure mobile devices including tablets and smartphones.
- Provide day-to-day support and basic training for end users including Office/Home/ Mobile Workers / Sales Reps / Engineers either in person or remotely.
- Ensure day to day that tickets logged via the IT Helpdesk are dealt with.
- Provide support for Audio Visual equipment.
- Perform IT Asset Management ensuring all equipment is added/updated when re-located or end of lease/life.
- Participate in any necessary IT/Operational function, within the realms of your capability, and as requested to do so by your Line Manager to fulfil or complete works allocated to the IT Department
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
Knowledge and experience in all or some of the following areas is essential.
- Educated to diploma level or with equivalent relevant work experience.
- Previous desktop and end user support experience.
- Experience of helpdesk ticketing systems.
- Experience of installing and supporting Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems including Windows 7 and 10.
- Experience supporting AV Equipment including Data Projectors
- Experience of Microsoft Office 2013/2016
- Experience of Microsoft Active Directory.
- Basic network troubleshooting skills including TCP/IP/DNS and DHCP.
Skills, Abilities & Competencies
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- A strong team player.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise to meet deadlines whilst maintaining high standards.
- Ability to adapt to support a wide range of systems and services.
- Enthusiasm for delivering a high standard of service.
- A willingness to keep your ICT skills at current levels through ongoing continued professional development.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job