ICT Support Engineer
Job Title:ICT Support Engineer
Link2ICT has over 150 staff providing services to over 1,000 schools across the country, including all aspects of technical services, professional services and software development. Link2ICT occupies a niche in the ICT market, specialising in the deployment and usage of end-to-end ICT solutions within educational environments, covering learners of all ages from nursery through to adult education. Our aspiration is to use ICT to improve the achievement of all learners.
This post is required to develop, install and provide technical IT support to schools and other educational establishments. In the first instance, the role will primarily provide support to our managed service customers for a number of days each week. The jobholder is required to deliver this service to a quality in accordance with agreed service standards and to liaison with other ICT teams and external organizations. The post is to be responsible for supporting the network infrastructure, admin and curriculum ICT networks (Server and Desktops), as well as support for learning platforms. The post holder will be required to support these systems by telephone, remote access and site visits.
- Help to promote Link2ICT services to increase the customer base and income levels.
- Ensure the provision of high quality technical advice and support services for all schools
- Achieve targets relating to the quality of services delivered to schools.
- To develop, install and support Schools' ICT systems and network infrastructure at both server and desktop level
- Keep abreast of developments in Information, Communication and Audio Visual Technologies particularly looking for innovative and efficient ways to improve services and develop systems used in the school environment.
- Mentor other staff and ensure they are appropriately trained to enable them to meet our service requirements.
- Ensure you work collectively with the team to deliver business plan targets.
- Is open and honest and involves the team in decision-making.
- Has the ability to influence across all levels using a variety of styles that match the need
- To resolve problems relating to networks, PC hardware and software in schools by telephone, remote support or site visit.
- To assist in the design and delivery of technical training and seminars to Entrust customers, users and staff.
- Maintain an awareness of the services and technological developments and advise customers (and or partners) accordingly.
- Ensure effective communication with schools, including planning and preparation of newsletter articles and documents for the intranet
- Deliver training as required to a wide range of ability levels.
- Ensure appropriate communication with customers and users where there are problems with, or changes to the delivery of their ICT services.
- Advising schools on suitable solutions to meet their administration and management requirements.
- Plan and manage the service's workload to ensure the most responsive and efficient use of the available resources.
- Assist with the process of analysing the training needs for staff in schools.
- To contribute to projects and ICT developments and achieve targets set for the implementation of those projects.
- Such other duties as may arise in connection with the activities mentioned above.
- Proven experience in a related role
- Experience of Windows server 2008/2012/2016 including using Group Policies, PowerShell and basic scripting.
- Experience of supporting Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013/2016
- Excellent knowledge and experience of supporting Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016.
- Experience of supporting educational software.
- Experience of virtual server technologies - Microsoft Hyper-V or VMware.
- Installation, configuration and support of Apple and Android devices - iMacs, MacBook's, iPads (including Apple Configurator).
- Good knowledge of network troubleshooting - Both LAN and Wireless networks.
- Experience of supporting curriculum resources i.e. Smartboards, Promethean.
- Ability to configure and complete windows update using WSUS
- Experience of Anti-Virus setup and client deployment using Symantec Anti-Virus
- Knowledge of cloud based services- i.e. Office 365.
- Proven ability to successfully motivate self and others
- Committed to customer focused service delivery
- Clear written and oral communication skills for any audience
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Committed to working flexibility to cover the duties of the service
- Ability to build successful customer and supplier relationships
- Professional approach with a positive attitude to delivering high quality work
- Good knowledge and installation experience of Microsoft Server operating systems
- Awareness of relevant legislation, statutory obligations and national ICT Strategies relating to educational establishments
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job