ZSL is looking for a new ICT Support Analyst to join our ICT team based at London Zoo. We have around 900 staff with computer access at both our Zoo’s (as well as staff based overseas) and the successful candidate will help provide telephone, email and desk side support to users of all levels.
ICT Support Analyst
Position Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Enhancements: London Weighting, Weekend Enhancement
Based: London, NW1 and Whipsnade, LU6
The Zoological Society of London (ZSL), a charity founded in 1826, is a world-renowned centre of excellence for conservation science and applied conservation. ZSL’s mission is to promote and achieve the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats. This is realised by carrying out field conservation and research in over 50 countries across the globe and through education and awareness-raising at our two zoos, ZSL London Zoo and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, inspiring people to take conservation action.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing tasks allocated by the Team Leader and completing them within the agreed timescales to the required standard.
- Providing telephone, email and desk side support to users of all levels and logging all calls and agreeing priorities with the Team Leader.
- Building, installing and supporting desktops and laptops running Windows operating systems.
- Creating user accounts on systems and allocating agreed security permissions.
- Providing hardware support and problem resolution on desktops and laptops.
- Providing advice and 'how to’ information to staff on the use of Microsoft Office 365.
- Undertaking small works on ZSL’s network wiring and infrastructure.
- Providing first and second line support on ZSL third party supplied applications such as ticketing and shop sales systems.
- Educated to A level and / or a recognised Microsoft Qualification such as Microsoft Certified Desktop Engineer, CompTIA A+.
- Proven experience providing desktop and user support in a similar environment.
- Knowledge of supporting users and managing devices in a Windows networked environment.
- Ability to relate user queries with underlying technologies and correctly identify any underlying issue or problem.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Ability to deal with staff at all levels and with differing priorities and demands.
- A responsible and flexible attitude.
Please note this post requires working one weekend a month.
Closing date for applications: 11:59pm Sunday 18th March 2018
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the 'Apply Now' button to be directed to our website where you can complete your application.
We are committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.
No agencies please.
- Technical Support
- Third Party Applications
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Engineer / CompTIA A+ etc