Title: ICT Services Manager
Salary range: £40k - £43k
Package: 29 days annual leave plus bank holidays + Employers pension contribution 19.9%.
Start date: August - September 2018
GreatFind Recruitment is working alongside a reputable Multi Academy Trust in Oxford for their ICT Services Manager vacancy. This role will be directly report to senior management and leading the ICT teams and make sure the ICT services and systems are running smoothly and efficiently. He / She will be experienced on delivering ICT services and ensure they are meeting schools’ requirements and needs and align with the trust’s commitment to education and well-being and welfare of the children. Please note an enhanced DBS check is required. And interviews will be held on early-July 2018.
Duties and responsibilities:
ICT Services Management and support
- Supervise, lead and manage the ICT services teams
- Build, Maintain the work flow systems and methods to ensure works of the teams are prioritised, responded, follow-up and documented in timely and professional manner. And other than day-to-day support , the teams are continually working towards ICT systems and networks development
- Organise, supervise, evaluate and improve both the teams’ , the ICT Systems’ performance and the ICT services
- Ensure regular maintenance, checking and upgrading are scheduled
- Make sure the systems and services including hardware, software and networks are working effectively and efficiently and within licence . Look for the potential issues and preventing the problems
- Prepare monthly reports to senior management reporting the ICT performance, issues and analysis
- Station on one of the schools, and travel to other school sites regularly
Strategic planning, Budgeting and People Management
- Understand goals, needs and development of the schools, their users’ requirements and ongoing technology trends in order to plan and develop the ICT strategies and operation and execution plans as well as contingency plans
- See the big picture of the ICT services when conducting the annual plan and evaluation including processes, structures, capacity, resources allocation, compatibility, manpower and mechanisms
- Conduct analysis, budgeting, ICT development and operations proposals and comply with regulations
- Lead the teams on all ICT services as well as tendering
- Develop, support and motivate the teams in individual level
- Design and deliver training to staff on new and existing developments. And conduct induction training to new team members
- Liaise and communicate with third party supplies and contractors on resolving issues and delivery of ICT Systems
Continuity, Maintenance and Security
- Develop, maintain and update the security of the whole ICT services, systems, networks and operations
- Maintain all systems, services and operations documents
- Develop and implement different ICT policies and guidelines, such as security policies on access permissions and user authority and accounts, also the data protection and confidentiality policies
- Understand the nature of inventory design for the purposes of security and insurance
- Make sure the teams and the users maintain and develop the sense of health and safety and comply with the regulations
- Communicate and deliver the commitment of safeguarding Children and young people
- Lead, attend and participate in regular meetings and training sessions as required
Personal Qualifications and experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in leading and managing teams in a complex ICT service environment, ideally in the education sector
- Work experience on project management, planning and managing maintenance activities , managing contractors
- Work knowledge of school’s ICT components, for example, mobile technology systems and services, cloud technologies, windows networks, GSuite, Virtualisation, Active Directory, DNS, AD, DHCP, print management, user access and accounts management etc.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations
- Ability to see the big picture and impacts in long term. Strong on planning, organisational and budget management skills
- Ability to build positive, helpful and motivated teams
- Great initiator and problem solvers. Have a good analytical mind
- Well organised, good time and resources management skills
- Have high standard of ICT systems and services quality
- Great communication skills (verbally and written). Able to communicate to different levels, technical staff and non-technical staff in a professional manner
- Can work independently as well as work together with and motivate team members.
- Ability to delegate and trust people
- Adapt to change
- Hold full, clean UK driving licence and have use of a vehicle for business purposes and appropriate insurance
- Be prepared to work out of office hours occasionally
The position offers a grade 13 salary of £40K progressing over time to £43k. You will also enjoy 29 days annual leave plus bank holidays. An excellent employers pension contribution is on offer of 19.9%.
Apply now to join this successful and rapidly expanding multi-academy trust (MAT). An enhanced DBS check is required for the successful applicant.
Greatfind Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and is acting as an agency in relation to this role.
About GreatFind Recruitment
We specialise on IT Channel recruitment, especially in education sector. We work on different job level vacancies from graduate jobs to 3rd line Technicians, and in various departments including IT, sales and marketing, and operations.
We’ve worked in the IT channel for nearly 20 years. We deliver a consultative, personal service to our candidates and clients, and we won’t rest until everyone is happy.
Keywords: Oxford, Education, school, ICT, People management, strategic planning, management, budgeting, evaluation, development, security, policies and regulations ;
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job