A Poole based Company that work within the Education sector are looking for an experienced ICT Support Technician. The service desk is a critical part of the Company's services and is the first point of contact for all Schools, customers and suppliers. You will be providing a high level of customer service and ICT support, this is a very reactive role, dealing with all customer calls to the service desk, through to a resolution.
You must have an experience in a technical environment, ideally within a Software Company and be very customer service focused. Attention to detail is very important and essential ICT knowledge would cover server operating systems (Windows 2003 and up), Wireless Technologies, Desktop Windows 7 and up and Network methodologies and protocols.
Duties and responsibilities will include;
- Incident management: Customer calls to our service desk need to be dealt with professionally, recorded on information management system and managed through to resolution, following the Company's KPI’s for call resolution times.
- Escalation: where cases are more complex or exceeding KPI resolution times, following the defined escalation procedures appropriate to the product.
- Use remote access software to access school systems to fully investigate and resolve any problems.
- Pro-actively monitoring Client's ICT infrastructure and Software
- Maintaining daily checks on Client systems to ensure backups are running and Servers maintain performance
- Documenting all resolutions following the service desk procedures and flowcharts.
- Providing details and information to the relevant senior staff call issues and resolutions.
- Maintain all office PC’s to ensure latest software is installed and systems are working efficiently.
- To commit to undertake continual training and development in the products supported.
- To contribute to the development of the service to further expand into other educational establishments.
- Possible site visits may be required to supply cover for field engineers.
- Act with integrity and provide a pleasant professional manner.
You will be in a large open plan office, you will working in an environment where teamwork is a big focus. Free parking on site. This is a full time, permanent role, 35 hours a week.
Salary between £25,000 - £27,000pa
- Service Desk
- Software Solutions