ICT Security Operations Manager
Our Client is embarking on a major change programme that will radically transform the way in which the organisation delivers its services with a focus on self-service supported by effective ICT and digital delivery. Due to growth and expansion they are looking to recruit an experienced ICT Security Operations Manager.
A senior member of staff responsible for maintaining, developing and management of the organisations ICT Security Operations activities, managing the design and documentation of ICT security operations, encompassing ICT organisation and it’s processes, applications, network and application services, operating systems and networks. They will work within multi-mode operation where some business elements are outsourced in a multi supplier model and others in house. They will be responsible for ICT’s implementation of Internal Governance (IG) Policies and Procedures.
Provides expert advice relating to ICT Security, representing the company at various external forums and reporting to the appropriate internal governance forums on information security matters.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Drives the strategic direction of the ICT security operation function by the development, maintenance, promotion and stewardship of ICT Security Procedures and Standards, in accordance with the requirements, IG policies and procedures, legislation and EU Directives.
- Manages the Security operations function including the selection, design, justification, implementation and operation of information security controls, management strategies and standards.
- Functional management of the Organisations Security operations centre including vulnerability management, security incident and event management. Maintenance of threat monitoring alarms / indicators to ensure the company keeps up with the current threats.
- Promotes and assists IG in the establishment and implementation of procedures to enhance and maintain the Information Security Management System and attain compliance with ISO27001, ISO20000 and other relevant ICT standards.
- IT related degree or equivalent
- A Professional Certification or qualification in Information Security (CISA, CISMP, CISM, CISSP, CRISC) or relevant professional IT security qualification.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining effective control monitoring activities, ensuring compliance with Information Security Standards ISO27001
- Management and development of security operations activity
- Extensive experience of managing security technologies including: firewalls, anti-malware, IDS/IPS, web filtering, email filtering, SIEM, patch management, MDM, DLP
- Leading businesses ICT security activities
Salary: Up to £48,500 plus excellent benefits.