ICT Infrastructure Design Engineer - (Data Cabling)
Job Title: ICT Infrastructure Design Engineer - (Data Cabling)
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £63k - £65k
Location: London - International Travel required
Our client is seeking a fully experienced Senior ICT Infrastructure Engineer to be based in our London office. You will have the ability to run large sized projects, undertake a client facing role in the development, design and co-ordination of ICT Infrastructure for a range of building types, including large data centres, commercial office /fit out, university and public campuses, entertainment and leisure buildings. This role presents a unique opportunity to join an embryonic ICT consulting team.
Experience will include the management and coordination of ICT infrastructure project services, with a proven track record in commercial management and team leadership. The role will include extensive travel throughout the UK with some international travel potential.
You should possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with colleagues and clients, and experience working on innovative ICT infrastructure projects with leading client organisations. You will possess good commercial awareness, in addition to having robust technical knowledge relevant to ICT infrastructure design, and capable of incorporating those technologies into a range of sectors. The position will ideally suit someone who is currently working in consultancy, with a technically minded, problem solving, and 'hands on’ approach.
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Engineer or working towards, educated to degree level in ICT Infrastructure Design or equivalent with a minimum of 7 years industry experience.
Responsible for the production of ICT infrastructure design specifications, in particular, written report documents, drawings, technical specifications, procurement packs, including technical leadership management skills.
- Day to day decision making on projects, organisation of progress reviews and project level financial reporting
- Represents company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractor teams
- Ensures specifications, drawings and calculations meet industry, legal and quality standards
- Takes holistic view in the selection and application of ICT infrastructure design concepts and solutions
- Management of ICT design co-ordination with related engineering disciplines, e.g. electrical and mechanical
- Reviews, innovates and challenges industry best practices and norms
Produce written documents including the following:
- Technical specifications
- Performance specification
- Schematic diagrams (typically data network)
You will need to possess the following professional and technical expertise:
- Engineering degree in appropriate ICT infrastructure design engineering discipline or have sufficient equivalent experience
- A-Level secondary education, HNC/HND, plus appropriate experience or equivalent
- Significant experience of ICT infrastructure design for different building types
- Sound knowledge of key Health and Safety issues and legislation
Technical qualifications and design experience in the following technologies is essential:
- LAN Ethernet Switching
- Structured Cabling Systems
- Fibre Optic Networks
- Wi-Fi Network Communications
- VoIP Telephony• Telecommunication Network Infrastructure and Services
Other relevant skills
- Electrical engineering, power distribution and cooling systems
- Experience working with architects, project managers, quantity surveyors
- Understanding and experience in RIBA design methodology
- Technical presentation skills
Level of experience
- Significant experience within any of the following industry sectors:
- Data cabling manufacture/contractor
- IT systems integration
- Network technology vendor/manufacturer
- IT/Multi-disciplinary consulting firm
- Construction project management
Salary commensurate with experience.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer.
The role will ideally suit UK nationals are we are unable to offer sponsorship at the present time.
- Design Engineering
- Engineering Discipline
- Network Infrastructure
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'