Remuneration: £30,000 + Car + Pension
Base offices: Bridgend covering South Wales
Business Wales provides a first class business support service to Welsh SMEs on behalf of the Welsh Government, funded by the European Regional Development Fund and delivered by Growth Partnership Wales (GPW) a partnership of Business in Focus, Antur Teifi and Serco Enterprise. Superfast Business Wales is a new service element of Business Wales, supporting businesses across Wales to understand, adopt and exploit the benefits of newer technologies and next generation broadband.
The role of Business Adviser involves supporting small and medium sized businesses to commercially exploit new technologies covering infrastructure, software & processes and / or digital marketing. Ideally you will have worked as an ICT Consultant, Pre-Sales Consultant or General Business Adviser who has good ICT knowledge. You will focus on helping Welsh SMEs who have growth potential to maximise the impact of new technologies.
The position will be based from our Bridgend office covering South Wales. These are key positions with a team of 10 Business Advisers and 5 Online Business Advisers supporting this national programme.
The total programme team is 27 including marketing, events, partnership and finance.
This is not a sales or account management role the successful candidates will be able to demonstrate hands on experience and clear understanding of:
- Working with new and established businesses in a 1-2-1 capacity, conduct an ICT diagnostic and develop an action plan focussed on the effective use of ICT to support business growth
- The challenges and opportunities faced by SMEs in the region; and building effective rapport to support them
- Working with Micro, Small and Medium sized business clients to overcome barriers and understand the recommendations contained within their action plan, in order to sustain momentum towards the agreed goals
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in an honest, ethical bias free manner
- Deliver an inclusive service in line with Serco values and Welsh government contractual requirements
Essential technical and professional skills, knowledge and qualifications
- Good understanding of ICT and the opportunities for business to exploit latest technologies, ICT solutions to catalyse business improvement and growth
- Either a degree or equivalent level qualification or work experience in a small to medium sized business
- Understanding of SME business life-cycles, stages of development and their relevance in relation to business growth
- Analytical, diagnostic, problem-solving and project management skills
Full driving licence and flexibility to work out of normal office hours when necessary. The ability to communicate fluently in both Welsh and English is preferred in these client facing roles.
Teitl y Swydd: Cynghorydd Busnes TGCh
Tâl: £30,000 + Car + Pensiwn
Swyddfeydd:Bont ar Ogwr sy'n cwmpasu De Cymru, neu sy'n cwmpasu Gorllewin Caerfyrddin
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'