An opportunity exists for a Senior Finance Assistant to join The Shared Services Organisation. The role sits within the Finance Operations Partner Ledger team and you will be providing support for and processing the financial transactions for the partner ledgers. You will be joining a team of 4 people who deal with the financial requirements of the Firm’s partners.
Joining as a Senior Finance Assistant, you will be mentored and work directly with the Assistant Manager responsible for the partner ledgers. The Partner Ledger team is responsible for the maintenance of the SAP partner ledgers, collection of partner capital and making monthly and quarterly payments to the Firm’s current and retired equity partners. You will also be asked to administer the partner car expenses scheme and assist in the partnership loan process. You will have the opportunity to prepare financial information, as well as other ad hoc tasks.
- Provide assistance with the maintenance of the SAP partner ledgers
- Maintain the partners car scheme, including assets and expenses
- Issue reports in accordance with monthly deadlines
- Provide data as required and raise accounting journals upon request
- Raise and post payments and journals on request
- Prepare account reconciliations
- Provide ad hoc advice and information on queries
- Prepare mail merge documents
- Liaise with private banking contacts
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: Milton Keynes, with some travel as required
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (flexible options negotiable)
Your professional experience
- Strong knowledge of the SAP Financial System
- Evidence of working with and assisting co-workers
- A drive to continually improve processes
- Work using their own initiative,
- Team player who is reliable and respects others, with a desire and drive to meet and exceed team targets
- Project a professional image of the Shared Services Organisation at all times
- Demonstrate a methodical, analytical and clear approach to problems
- Demonstrate a professional, friendly and approachable manner coupled with the ability to communicate with staff at all levels, especially when under pressure
- Good listener with a calm manner, and the ability to ask effective questions
- The ability to act with urgency when necessary
- Open, receptive and adaptable to change
- Positive, can do attitude
- Previous experience of working within a finance function
- Good Excel and Word skills
- Good email and letter writing skills
- AAT Qualified or working towards qualification
Your service line
Internal Client Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal client services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. We impact every area of our business, every day. From solving IT issues quickly and efficiently, to ensuring our people get the best possible training, to guiding colleagues on their tax and pensions. From our centralised hubs in Milton Keynes and Cardiff, we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
For a full job description please click apply
Requisition code: 152275
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job