Applicants must be experienced in the design and construction of new LV, MV and HV distribution network connections within the UK, to join an exciting and enthusiastic team within an established ICP and private side electrical contracting business.
This role will be responsible for the design and planning associated with contestable connections for a variety of LV, MV and HV Installations within all Distribution Network Operator (DNO) areas within the United Kingdom. The role will also include the general management of a small design team.
Duties to include:
· Designing and planning Electrical connections, providing design solutions from first principles and complying with customer and the DNO's specifications, policy and procedures.
· Responsible for providing electrical distribution engineering technical input to allocated design projects up to 33kV for both ICP and Network Operator design purposes.
· Liaising with DNO's obtaining Point of Connection and design approvals for DNO / ICP schemes.
· Undertake designs, plans, estimations and quotations for both low voltage and high voltage ICP and private electrical connections.
· Producing tender documentation.
· Provide advice on material selection, cable laying, jointing methodology adhering to UK electrical legislation and statutory responsibilities.
Skills & Qualifications
· Design knowledge of 240V,415V,11kV, 33kV new connections is essential, higher voltages would be advantageous but not essential.
· Comprehensive understanding of the distribution industry and associated standards/regulations.
· Previous DNO / ICP experience will be highly regarded/preferred but not essential.
· Applicants to be qualified to a minimum of HNC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent having incorporated engineer status with experience using various computer software packages for the general design, protection and earthing systems and setting associated with providing electrical distribution systems.
· To have strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills strong knowledge of client's technical needs and requirements.
. Comprehensive knowledge of Health and Safety requirements associated with the industry preferable with IOSH/NEBOSH qualification.
- New Connections
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job