Our Client, a fast-growing and dynamic business and keen to recruit an experienced IBA Credit Controller to work alongside the North American broking team, to achieve the timely and accurate collection, processing and onward payment to counterparties
Overview of Role / Role Purpose
- To ensure the preparation and reconciliation of IBA accounts is conducted on a timely and accurate basis as per agreed SLA.
- To work closely with an offshore team to monitor workloads and assist with their queries.
- To work alongside the North American team to perform credit control procedures as per agreed SLA.
- To ensure all outstanding accounts are chased appropriately according to Company procedures.
- To ensure receipt of funds are reconciled within agreed timeframes.
- To ensure outward payments are reconciled within agreed timeframes.
- To check and agree various accounting IBA reports generated from the accounting system (daily unmatched cash, daily funding, outstanding revenue and held funds reports).
- To work closely with the North American Broking team to ensure there is good communication links.
- To escalate issues to the Line Manager where necessary for resolution or direction in line with set policies & procedures.
- To ensure operating to maximum efficiency and professionalism, to enable the best possible service to be provided to clients and the Company as required.
- To provide assistance in other areas of the Company’s business as may be required
Experience & Skills Required
- Detailed understanding and knowledge of FCA rules and guidelines relating to commercial and private customers.
- Detailed understanding and knowledge of general insurance and underlying legal principles.
- Detailed understanding and knowledge of banking methods and accounting principles.
- Detailed understanding and knowledge of all company specific procedures.
- Ability to prioritise and organise own workload to ensure that deadlines are adhered to.
- Ability to work under pressure and without supervision.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to liaise with colleagues when appropriate.
- Ability to develop and sustain relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to construct effective written communications, including letters and reports.
- Confident and effective telephone skills.
- Accurate and numerate with excellent attention to detail.
- Minimum of five years previous experience of working in a Lloyd’s broking house environment.
- Previous experience of working alongside an offshore IBA team
- Credit Control
- Offshore Operations
- Client Accounts
- IBA Accounts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job