An exciting opportunity to be a part of the design team at a well-established family owned, timber engineering company based near Derby. The role for the I-Joist Designer will combine the estimating and designing of I Joists and engineered floor joists. You will be required to review architectural plans to produce detailed, accurate drawings, designs and quotations. Reporting to the design office manager you will be expected to liaise with architects, customers and other contractors to ensure a smooth delivery of the final product within tight timescales. Candidates with previous experience of Mitek's Pamir software would be preferential, but any experience of I Joists / floor joist design software will also be considered.
In addition to producing I-Joists for manufacture using MiTek, your role will include close liaison with your customers, responding to technical queries, producing accurate quotations and designs. You will also have strong links with the production team to ensure they are provided with the relevant information for manufacturing.
I-Joist Designer Position Overview
- Review architectural plans to produce detailed, accurate drawings, designs and quotations
- Liaise with architects, customers and other contractors to ensure a smooth delivery of the final product within tight timescales
- Communicating with the production team to ensure they are provided with the relevant information for manufacturing.
I-Joist Designer Position Requirements
- You have prior experience in designing joists
- You are familiar with specialist design software, ideally MiTek or similar (e.g. Wolf, GangNail, Alpine).
- You are strong on detail and accuracy with excellent communication and project management skills, ideally with customers such as housebuilders, building contractors etc.
- Good Maths, Graphic Communication and English skills
- HNC Architectural Technology or Civil/Structured engineering (preferable but not essential)
I-Joist Designer Position Remuneration
- Salary £30k-£34k
- Profit related bonuses
- Company Benefits to be discussed at interview
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy