Location: Livingston, West Lothian
Salary: £9.00 per hour
Contract: Part Time (Sundays only)
Hours: Sundays (8-hour day shift)
This is a great opportunity for enthusiastic individuals with a keen eye for detail to become part of a proactive and friendly team!
The Hygiene Operative role is to carry out end-of-run plant cleaning of food production lines for a well-established and renowned food manufacturer producing a range of popular branded biscuits, shortbread and oatcakes in Livingston, near Edinburgh.
Reporting to the Hygiene Shift Supervisor your responsibilities will be to:
- Perform a variety of cleaning and hygiene tasks as detailed within the cleaning instruction procedures.
- Ensure all activities are carried out and signed-off in accordance with hygiene, quality and safety standards.
- Be responsible for ensuring that waste material is correctly disposed of in accordance with the client’s environmental systems.
- Be responsible for alerting the Hygiene Shift Supervisor to any issues that may impact upon the integrity of the clean.
- Participate in mandatory site training relating to health & safety, hygiene and environmental issues.
Along with a high standard of work ethics you will also require:
- Good written and verbal communication
- The ability to work to time constraints both on your own initiative and as a part of a team
- The ability to follow procedures thoroughly
- A positive and approachable manner
- An enthusiasm for a varied working environment
Previous experience in cleaning and/or a food manufacturing environment is an advantage but not essential as full training will be provided.
Established for over 30 years, Hygiene Group Ltd is the market leader in the supply of specialist cleaning and hygiene support services to the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries.
With a UK-wide workforce of more than 600 fully trained employees we are large enough to provide a complete cleaning solution whilst still maintaining the core values that have made us the specialist partner of choice to a number of leading food and beverage manufacturers.
If you have the desired skills and experience required to excel in this position, please submit your CV for consideration.
Experience of any of the following an advantage: Cleaning, Cleaning Operative, Cleaning Technician, Hygiene Technician, Hygiene Operative, Cleaner, Industrial Cleaning, Environmental Hygienist
No agencies please.