We're creating a brand new in-house development team – and we want you to join it.
Following in the steps of Argos, Sainsburys, Tescos, M & S – New Look’s transforming into a true digital company – we’d like you to help that happen.
Historically our development’s been outsourced – we’ve recognised the huge benefit of an in-house team so we’re now looking for a Hybris developer to join.
If you’ve ever wanted to have the freedom to join a whole new team from scratch, influencing what tools and processes to implement, having responsibility for our technical approach - then this is for you.
Retail is fast paced and exciting – and that applies to our development as well. We work hard and play hard in an environment where proactive and energetic teams thrive. We will put you in a position to be able build a world class team capable of writing and deploying an industry leading eCommerce platform.
The techy bit….we need you to be really great at...
• Hybris development - ideally you'll have commercial experience on several shipped projects
• Java language
• Data structures
• Web technologies
• Object oriented software design patterns
• Familiarity with Windows or Linux operating system
• Strong spoken and written communication
If you know some of this even better!
• Experience of delivering software as part of a team
• Knowledge of Spring
• Knowledge of other JVM based languages - Groovy, Scala, Clojure
• Knowledge of one or more scripting languages, such as Groovy, Python
• Knowledge of webservices technologies such as SOAP, REST, JSON
• Knowledge of relational database platforms Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL
• Knowledge of NoSQL database platforms such as Cassandra or MongoDB
• Knowledge of message queuing systems such as Apache Kafka or RabbitMQ
• Contributions to open source projects
As well as the opportunity for great career progression, there is everything from bonus schemes to season ticket loans that will make life a little bit easier for you - including a huge staff discount of 40%, holiday days and access to our New Look Rewards which include some amazing discounts across a number of different businesses.
We understand that a Rock Star lifestyle isn’t a 9am -5:30pm thing… so we are open to talk about flexible working! No promises but let’s have the chat and see what we can do! Not to mention our 4pm Friday finishes, what more could you want?