We are currently seeking a Commercial HVAC Design Engineer to join our highly successful client’s contracting division.
The UK’s specialist delivery partner for Fifth Generation District Heating networks featuring Ground Source Heat Pumps and Shared Ground Loop Arrays. The Company assumes responsibility for the entire project, spanning the ground array, heat pump, and heat distribution system, including sizing, design, purchasing, installation, and management of sub-contractors across the three stages of the heat pump installation.
Main Purpose of a HVAC Design Engineer:
The ideal candidate will lead on HVAC Design for large scale GSHP projects for both new build and retro fit developments. The successful Design Engineer will take the lead on the full life cycle of all commercial designs from consultation, to M&E design, producing as built records and O&M packs.
As a Commercial HVAC Design Engineer, responsibilities will include:
- To lead client consultation
- Analyse M&E specifications
- To develop AutoCAD construction stage P&ID
- Production of AutoCAD construction layouts
- Assess existing HVAC installations and tailor design proposals accordingly
- Lead technical reviews
- Overseeing technical design correctness
- Perform heating/cooling calculations
- Prepare equipment schedules, specification for plant, ductwork etc
- Compile requisitions and specifications for GSHP heating and cooling and HVAC equipment
- Controls and BMS work
- Ensure CDM 2015 compliance
- At least 5 years HVAC Design Engineering experience in the commercial sector
- Relevant degree qualification
- A detailed knowledge of HVAC systems
- Excellent communicator with experience of leading meetings
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Revit, Hevacomp, IES
- Knowledge of Ground Source Heat Pump systems
- Strong understanding of engineering principles and be able to review engineering calculations relevant to system design
- Thorough understanding of controls and BMS
- Salary circa £45,000 to £50,000 DOE
- 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays
- Company performance related pay plan/bonus scheme
- Company Car
- Health Care
This is a Permanent role which can either be Home based or Office based.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Plant Operations
- Heat Pumps
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'