HV Electrical Project Manager
£45,000 p/a + vehicle
Alecto Recruitment is proud to be recruiting on behalf of an excellent Multi-Utilities Company based in Derby.
Our client is looking for an experienced HV Project Manager (up to 33kv) to be able to come in and hit the ground running, you will oversee all aspects of assigned commercial projects from commencement to completion. You will manage these projects from start to finish, This position reports to the Operations Manager.
The successful candidate will have a solid technical background and be able to demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work closely with other team members, suppliers and clients.
This position starts as a temporary role for three months (maximum) and then a full time contract will be offered after the successful period.
What we expect from you:
- To bring decisive, focused leadership
- To be accountable to yourself and your co-workers
Desired Skills & Experience
- Manage all financial aspects of projects through ongoing job forecasting
- Oversee pre-con meetings to ensure successful hand off from estimating to field
- Collaborate with estimating and design departments
- Set clear goals and expectations to staff
- Negotiate and resolve all customer concerns
- When necessary, estimate change orders for assigned projects
- Manage all job close-out procedures
- Conduct post project reviews to determine areas for future improvement
- Provide coaching/counselling to staff
- Develop/maintain network of professional relationships within the sector
- 5 years successful electrical PM experience (ideally HV)
- Some experience in electrical estimating
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Good paperwork and documentation skills
- Experience with risk assessments and safe working practices
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Someone who can actively promote efficient practices and adapt to meet goals and objectives within a small team