We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, self-motivated and experienced Humanities Teacher to work within an outstanding independent specialist school. The school provides education and support for pupils between 5-19 who have significant Emotional, Social and Mental Health needs and who may present with challenging behaviours.
The School provides a wholly integrated and highly effective provision providing 1:1 or small group education, individualised therapy, and a carefully structured social development programme. A stable, calm and caring environment is provided, which combined with high staff to pupil ratios ensures that every pupil has the opportunity to develop their ability, share new experiences and reach their full potential in a secure and safe environment.
This is an excellent opportunity for teachers from mainstream, specialist education or community provision and you will be required to work in all Key stages and further develop fully accredited courses to allow pupils to achieve academically through the course.
As an outstanding practitioner, you will be passionate about influencing educational best practice and able to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team of professionals.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
- A sound understanding of the current legislation and statutory regulations relating to educational and care and a detailed knowledge of the National Curriculum.
- A consistently 'good' or 'outstanding' teacher, with the results to prove it.
- A fully qualified teacher aware of how Emotional, Social and mental health difficulties may impact on learning and strategies used to support the pupils in and outside of the classroom.
- Passionate, enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Patient, professional and committed to providing a nurturing environment.
- Be comfortable teaching across the key stages from age 5-19.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Be highly organised and adaptable
- Be committed to working in partnership with parents and outside agencies
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years.
Please be advised that references will be requested prior to interview for all roles within our schools.
If you are applying to work within our Children's Homes we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults.
At Healthier Recruitment, we are dedicated in finding our candidates their ideal roles. We go above and beyond the basic requirements of our candidates to find roles that not only match their overall package expectations but provide them with an opportunity to secure a position that offers personal fulfilment and the potential to develop within an organisation that shares similar visions and values.
Each and every candidate we work with is different, and therefore we take the time to get to know you and explore the potential career options that suit you best to ensure that your transition into a new role is both a smooth, stress free and enjoyable experience.
- "Primary teacher" OR "secondary teacher" OR "specialist teacher" OR "SEN teacher" OR "ESMH teacher"