Responsible To: HR Manager
Short Description: This is a hands on role, working within a HR function comprising of six team members and supporting a large number of employees within the business. You will be responsible for supporting the operation and making decisions relating to the management of staffing issues including disciplinary, grievance, attendance and staff performance concerns.
Working Pattern: Full time Monday to Friday, based at Head Office in Slough with the flexibility to travel to homes within the operation.
Summary of Benefits: - Salary up to £35k dependent upon skills and experience.
- Company laptop
- 28 days annual leave (in Bank holidays)
- Pension scheme Free car parking
Key Features of the role:
1. Being a key decision maker in working with the operational management teams on managing staff issues
2. Supporting the operations management team to deal with performance concerns, utilising the appropriate company policies and procedures
3. Building up an effective working relationship with line managers and supporting with their upskilling in proactively managing staff issues
4. Through the regular review of staff supervisions, proactively identify initial performance concerns and high performing staff, supporting the management team with early interventions
5. Ensuring that the operations management team are aware of the disciplinary and grievance procedures and supporting them appropriately to ensure that any issues are dealt with appropriately
6. Supporting the Head of HR and Operations Management teams to positively impact and influence company staff retention
7. Completing exit interviews at the earliest opportunity, providing feedback to the management team and identifying actions across the business to improve staff retention
8. Working closely with the operations management team to ensure staff supervisions and performance appraisals are conducted effectively
9. Work closely with the HR Team to deal with general HR queries through the HR Helpdesk, promptly respond to queries and working with the relevant departments to resolve issues raised
10. Work closely with the HR Team Leader and HR Manager to monitor, review and update all policies in line with current legislation and best practice
11. Ensure Human Resources matters are handled fairly and consistently in line with legal and company requirements
12. Contribute to HR project work where required
13. Keeping abreast of human resources developments and ensuring continued company compliance in applying best practice, within the business’ needs
14. Enhance current operations through continuous improvement
Generic Duties: In addition to specific responsibilities, the role will also be responsible for ensuring:
1. the maintenance of confidentiality of all information unless otherwise permitted by management
2. full compliance with company’s vision, values, policies and procedures
3. work in a manner that promotes team work and a collegial environment
4. active and positive promotion of the company’s image and brand
5. other duties that may be assigned by management
Qualifications and Experience: The following qualification, skills and experience are required for this role:
1. MUST HAVE at least 3 years’ generalist experience within a Hr Officer/advisory level role in a similar role (experience gained within Health & Social Care organisations would be highly beneficial, though not essential)
2. Ideally part or fully CIPD qualified or equivalent with experience at this level
3. Strong English spoken, listening, writing, communication and presentation skills
4. Strong administration skills
5. Full driving license and use of own car to visit company homes if required
6. People centric and able to positively engage the workforce
7. Experience of working with and advising line managers
8. First class IT and communication skills, including the use of Excel
9. Team orientated and results & outcome focused
11. Confidence to work across all levels of the businesse business
This role offers wide scope for exposure to a broad range of HR functions and mechanisms, as well as the opportunity to get involved in a range of HR Projects. My client are a highly people led and people centric organisation and the HR function and it's personnel are key in shaping and influencing the future growth and direction of the company.
If you feel you have the relevant Housing experience and leadership skills, please apply now for immediate consideration and job start.
- Exit Interviews
- Human Resources
- Social Care
- CIPD qualified
- HR Policies
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'