Human Resources Manager - Afghanistan Specialist: Acts as a bridge between our EU based Clients and International and Local Consultants, UK and UAE HQ based Group Operations and our local Afghanistan operations to ensure Hart is meeting its contractual obligations in line with local labour law and achieving customer satisfaction.
- Ensure client requirements are relayed to the field in a timely fashion.
- Ensuring effective sourcing and deployment of international and local consultants.
- Manage the Recruitment Team to ensure effective prioritization of project needs.
- Manage the recruitment budget and allocate resources accordingly for advertising, campaigns and third-party suppliers.
- Support the Recruitment Team with outreach campaigns to access the best candidates.
- Provide training and feedback to the Recruitment Team on candidate sourcing through local channels such as print media, radio etc.; interview techniques, short-listing and selection, and continuous improvement in the recruitment process.
- Become familiar with and advise HQ on local operations in Afghanistan.
- Consult with the Afghan Labour/Public Service Office to ensure recruitment and conditions of employment for existing and new recruitments (including all benefits) are in line with Afghan Labour law.
- Implement the detailed capacity management and training strategy and action plan, including performance indicators.
- Review current HR systems and provide suggestions to enhance and provide efficiency to the HR process.
- Implement and support administrative policies and procedures update HR manual to ensure compliance with the Afghan labour law.
- Communicate areas of change in both policy and procedure to all staff.
- Review current and establish salary scales for new recruitment requests.
- Assist in the entire process of the hiring, probation, evaluation, promotion and termination of staff.
- Train local HR & Recruitment staff and ensure all new staff receive full induction into the organization.
- Provide guidance and direction to staff on compensation and benefits.
- Identify training needs and develop internal and external training opportunities for staff.
- Bring potential personnel problems and achievements to the attention of relevant management.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with UK and UAE HQ, Clients, International and Local Consultants and the local Afghanistan office to ensure business growth in country
- Manage the Call Off Order process with clients for new deployments, costing and expenses.
- Provide assistance with ensuring compliance with local labor law including liaison with Third Parties such as local accountants and legal counsel in order to renew and maintain local operating licenses in a timely manner.
- Ensure an understanding of Duty of Care, evacuation and medevac plans.
- Management of the safety of our staff in Afghanistan with the support of the Account Director and Regional Field and Operations Manager where required.
- Management of third-party security, accommodation, and other local service providers and fixers.
- Understand the contracted terms of all accommodation, security, logistics support, etc. with the assistance of the HR Director and Regional Field and Operations Manager where required.
- Management of crisis situation in accordance with the Crisis Management SOP.
- Provide support and assistance on Bids and Proposals to the Business Development Team (e.g. project-relevant CVs from Afghanistan or Pakistan roster of professionals).
- Maintain a detailed network of medical providers in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
- Handle insurance claims together with support from the local operations team in Kabul.
- Liaise with the insurers for claims.
- Handle major claims and crisis managements such as an international medevac.
Job Specific technical/Functional/Professional Competencies:
- Multi-cultural working; multi-lingual and diplomatic.
- Ethics and transparency are key at all times.
- Good knowledge of Afghan labor law, working practices, customs and traditions.
- Ability to navigate Afghanistan bureaucratic processes in a process-driven manner to achieve smooth and efficient outcomes for the company.
- An effective communicator at all levels with strong oral and written skills and a willingness to share information.
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker.
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model.
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results orientated.
- Expert word processing and IT skills, including comprehensive capabilities in Microsoft Office (essential to be highly advanced in using Excel) and accountancy and other business software systems.
- The ability to work efficiently under stressful conditions with multiple and extremely tight deadlines and changing priorities to produce a high volume of high-quality material with meticulous attention to detail.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work overtime, often with short notice, to meet deadlines - overtime is likely to include late nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays.
- Honesty and reliability.
- An understanding of confidentiality issues and the use of discretion.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment, an effective planner with proven time management skills is necessary; attention to detail, personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility with great team liaison skills.
- Ambitious and enthusiastic about joining a rapidly growing business and our energetic senior management team.
- Ability to work with teams remotely.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English and desirable in Urdu, Dari & Pashto.
- Bachelor of Business Administration or Human Resources
- Accounting or basic finance courses are desirable
*Job Posting Date 13.3.2018.
*Job Closing Date 12.4.2018.
- Human Resources