Umbrella rate: £16.00 an hour
Working on behalf of a Local Authority, Aatom Recruitment has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Human Resources Advisor (ER, Policy, Traded Services) on a 3 month contract with a possibility of an extension. They would like someone who has the experience and knowledge in the following:
Purpose of the role -
- To provide a solution-focused enabling HR service for Council directorates and traded services customers. Assisting customers to find solutions on a range of people management issues through the HR Services Advice & Enquiry line. Sign posting customers to system based solutions/processes e.g. self service and on-line tool kits. Providing advice and guidance on employment legislation and policies, contributing to policy development and delivering training. Support on a range of employee relations cases as required. Working closely with Service Partners to respond to emerging directorate needs. Flexibility to work across to ER and Traded teams will be expected.
Duties and Responsibilities -
- Take ownership of the customer journey through being part of a team delivering a front line Advice and Enquiry line.
- Provide strong, clear customer service, taking ownership of enquiries whilst ensuring advice given adheres to council/traded services policies and procedures attempting to resolve the query at first point of contact for the customer
- Be first point of contact for managers/traded services customers, supporting and guiding them in people management practices with an emphasis on empowerment and enablement directing to toolkits/advice/web based solutions where possible enabling them to take informed and appropriate action in the management of their staff.
- Provide advice on a range of employee relations issues
- Be a subject matter expert on HR intranet pages, guiding Managers/traded services customers to find documents they require
- Maintain accurate and thorough case management records for HR Specialists/Traded Service Partners to take forward as appropriate
- In the event of information not being able to be sourced through the website, provide advice and guidance to managers on all employment related matters including absence management, performance, disciplinary and grievance, redundancy, equality and diversity and other employee relations matters enabling managers to apply consistent and effective line management practice
- Contribute to policy development, supporting the HR Specialists- ER and HR Traded Services Partners' as appropriate
- Provide advice to managers/headteachers who are undertaking formal disciplinary, capability and grievance processes where complexity requires expert support and guidance including preparation and collation of correspondence, liaison with local Trade Union Representatives, investigation participation, supporting in the presentation of cases at hearings as determined by the HR Services Manager.
- Provide advice to managers on handling employee absences, where the case is complex support with welfare visits and review meetings, liaison with the Occupational Health Service.
- Represent the HR service at internal and external meetings as required.
- Deputise for the HR Specialists- ER and HR Traded Services Partners as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience -
- CIPD Level 5 qualified, along with a minimum of 12 months post qualifying experience or equivalent
- Evidence of continuous professional development and keeping up to date with employment law and best practice across all sectors
- Demonstrate experience of providing a range of Human Resource Services at an operational level
- An understanding of how customers service objectives relates to the HR function
- Experience of advising and supporting all levels of managers and staff on all disciplines relating to Human Resource issues
- Experience of assisting in the development and implementation of employment policies and procedures.
- Experience of involvement in a wide range of employee relations matters including case work
- Knowledge of employment legislation and experience of interpreting this to support the business
- High-level customer service skills with a business solution focus
- Experience of supporting with service reviews, management of change and redeployment issues.
- Experience of working with trade unions in a highly unionised environment.
- Experience of designing and delivering training for managers / head teachers.
- HR Advisor
- Human Resources Advisor
- Traded Services
- Employees Relations
- CIPD Level 5
- HR Specialists