Human Resource Manager
The HALO Trust is the world’s largest and oldest international humanitarian mine action non-government organisation (NGO). Our mission is to lead the effort to save lives and restore livelihoods for those affected by conflict. HALO is known for its work to clear landmines but is very much involved in the disposal of other explosive hazards such as bombs, rockets, missiles, and improvised explosive devices (IEDs). HALO was established in Afghanistan in 1988 and now employs over 8,500 staff in 25 countries and territories.
This is a newly created, full generalist role, reporting to the Director of HR. The successful candidate will proactively support the development and delivery of the people strategy for The HALO Trust. We are seeking someone who can lead on all operational activities whilst also supporting the Director and wider leadership on key strategic HR projects that will impact on the organisation culture to support the development of the Charity through 2021 and beyond.
Your new role will
- Line manage the HR Team to provide guidance and mentoring support to ensure service delivery is effective and of the highest standard;
- Create a culture of continuous improvement and contribute to the development of HR policies, systems and practices, taking the lead on the development and delivery of designated projects on a HALO wide basis;
- Lead on ED&I to help shape HALO’s approach to equality, diversity and inclusion. This will include the collation and reporting of equality data;
- Deputise for the Director of HR;
- Lead and embed change initiatives and other people related projects;
- Champion and drive employee engagement and high performance ensuring that managers understand the motivational drivers in their teams and provide inspirational leadership;
- Advise, assist and influence managers and senior managers to make informed decisions in relation to the effective management and development of their staff;
- Provide expert advice and assistance to all managers on complex HR related matters;
- Support process improvement in areas such as performance management, compensation strategy, developing talent acquisition, well-being and culture initiatives;
- Provide coaching and short training sessions to managers on employment policies and practices;
- Support the Director of HR in providing solutions and advice in people and talent management considerations and activities;
- Actively participate in on-going training and development activity;
- Visit HALO programmes to provide expert HR support and advice.
- Have proven experience of leading and embedding change management initiatives;
- Have previously worked leading projects and ensuring consistent roll out across the whole company;
- Strong generalist experience;
- Resilient with the ability to adapt in a complex, fast-paced, changing environment;
- Project management experience;
- Excellent communicator who can build relationships and influence stakeholders at all levels;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Sound understanding of employment legislation;
- CIPD Level 7 qualified or qualified by experience;
- Willingness to travel to HALO overseas programmes.
Location for the role can be flexible however you will need to be prepared to travel to, and work from, our offices in Thornhill and Wilton.
If you wish to apply for this role please submit your CV (no more than 2 pages) and a covering letter (no more than 1 page) no later than Wednesday 28th July 2021 via our website.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'