AJ Chambers are currently representing a top 10 firm who are seeking an experienced Assistant Manager, Manager or an aspiring Senior Manager who possesses strong experience working with share schemes for the office located in Reading.
The primary responsibility will be to deal with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of clients. You will also provide assistance to Director/Principals/Partners in both client work and in the management of the group and on occasions the practice.
A key part of the role requires the individual to actively seek, and keep the Partner informed about, any new business opportunities arising on existing and new clients.
Day-to-day duties include:
- Act as a key point of contact within the firm for the client, together with the Partner. This will involve responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided, and maintaining regular contact with clients
- Manage a portfolio of clients including control of billings and cash collection within the firms’ criteria
- Review of work prepared by more junior members of staff
- Identify risk and technical matters, as well as selling opportunities, to the Partner/Principal/Senior Manager, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters
- Provide overall support to Partners on client matters and assist Partners in the management of the group, this will include support at times for the recruitment and management of staff
- Participate in bids/proposals for new work
- Develop contact with clients at senior level and maintain contact with other levels as appropriate to ensure the firm has the confidence of the client
- Contribute centrally by lecturing on internal courses
- Ideally strong Share Scheme knowledge / experience
- Staff management experience
- Maintain an in depth, up to date, knowledge of taxation
- Ability to profitably manage a client portfolio
- To actively seek opportunities for developing new clients and for selling new services to existing clients
- Experience of dealing direct with clients
- Educated to degree level, and/or CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent
- Demonstrable post qualified experience
For more information on this Human Capital Tax Assistant Manager / Manager / Senior Manager role, please contact Leon Maulguet at AJ Chambers
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"