Are you a confident trainer and presenter? Do you have a strong passion for education and training? Does the development of children through individualised learning interest you?
Kumon develops every child’s potential, offering maths and English study programmes to more than four million students worldwide. We currently have over 650 franchised study centres across the UK and Ireland.
We are looking for two Human Capital Development Trainers to train new and current Kumon Instructors in the implementation of the Kumon Method of Learning. In this role, you will be focussing on how students learn maths and English through the Kumon worksheets and instruction. You will also be responsible for the training of potential and current Instructors on the principles, design and instructional practices of the Kumon programmes.
The role involves:
- Developing and delivering training sessions to potential and current Instructors, this will involve travelling to other locations within the UK and Ireland.
- Develop, plan, organise, implement, facilitate and regularly review the assessment day programme for potential Instructors in the UK and Ireland, as well as supporting it across Kumon Europe and Africa countries.
- Assisting the Human Capital Development Manager in the development and implementation of training strategies, policies and procedures that meet business and individual needs.
- Attending new Instructor centres to support their first centre day and conduct diagnostic tests with them and support their instruction in the centre.
- Develop, produce, proof read and regularly review all training/learning materials for all levels of Instructors and Associates within the organisation.
Key skills and experience required for this role are:
- Proven experience in the development, delivery and co-ordination of in house and external training programmes.
- A strong grasp of written and spoken English.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience of working in an educational and/or commercial setting.
- Flexibility to work extended hours with extended travel within the role. Willing to travel regularly to other UK offices as and when required (with possible overnight stays)
- Educated to bachelor’s degree level or equivalent.
- Achieved grade B or above (or equivalent) in GCSE English Language and Mathematics
In return, we will offer you:
- 28 days holiday per year including Bank Holidays (increasing with service)
- Annual salary reviews
- Extensive training opportunities throughout your career
- Free Kumon tuition for your children
- Hundreds of retail discounts, a company pension, private medical and dental cover, life assurance and critical illness cover
Staff at Kumon all share a passion for education, and the desire to help children achieve their full potential. The work you do, no matter what your role, will make a real difference to developing students' abilities and will help you to achieve your full potential too.
The interview process will consist of:
- Initial telephone or face-to-face interview with the hiring manager.
- If successful you will be invited to attend an orientation meeting/assessment day, in a centre around the country, all expenses paid. The assessment day will not be solely based on tests, but also presentations.
- The final stage will be a presentation followed by a Q&A session and a face-to-face interview.
Kumon cares about your privacy, by submitting your information you consent that we will store your uploaded CV securely and process your data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. On occasion we may share your CV outside the EU if the role we are recruiting for is based outside the EU within a Kumon Group Company. We will not keep your information longer than we reasonably believe is necessary for us to carry out the above and will not pass your personal details onto any third party. Unsuccessful applicants will be deleted from our database.
If your application is unsuccessful, please allow for a 90-day period from the date of your initial application before reapplying.
- Communication Skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job