Are you a confident trainer and presenter? Do you have a strong passion for education and training? Does the development of children through individualised learning interest you?
Kumon develops every child’s potential, offering maths and English study programmes to more than four million students worldwide. We currently have over 680 franchised study centres across the UK and Ireland.
We are looking for two Human Capital Development Trainers to train new and current Kumon Instructors in the implementation of the Kumon Method of Learning. In this role, you will be focussing on how students learn maths and English through the Kumon worksheets and instruction. You will also be responsible for the training of potential and current Instructors on the principles, design and instructional practices of the Kumon programmes.
The role involves:
- Developing and delivering training sessions to potential and current Instructors, this will involve travelling to other locations within the UK and Ireland.
- Develop, plan, organise, implement, facilitate and regularly review the assessment day programme for potential Instructors in the UK and Ireland, as well as supporting it across Kumon Europe and Africa countries.
- Assisting the Human Capital Development Manager in the development and implementation of training strategies, policies and procedures that meet business and individual needs.
- Attending new Instructor centres to support their first centre day and conduct diagnostic tests with them and support their instruction in the centre.
- Develop, produce, proof read and regularly review all training/learning materials for all levels of Instructors and Associates within the organisation.
Key skills and experience required for this role are:
- Proven experience in the development, delivery and co-ordination of in house and external training programmes.
- A strong grasp of written and spoken English.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience of working in an educational and/or commercial setting.
- Flexibility to work extended hours with extended travel within the role. Willing to travel regularly to other UK offices as and when required (with possible overnight stays)
- Educated to bachelor’s degree level or equivalent.
- Achieved grade B or above (or equivalent) in GCSE English Language and Mathematics
The interview process will consist of:
- Initial telephone or face-to-face interview with the hiring manager.
- If successful you will be invited to attend an orientation meeting/assessment day, in a centre around the country, all expenses paid.
- The final stage will be a presentation followed by a Q&A session and a face-to-face interview.
- Communication Skills