As a business, Hermes is driven by our four values of Do the right thing,Dare to be different, Strive for more and Be Customer Obsessed. We run our business by these values and they are reflected in all of our roles, but particularly for newly created positions like our Hub Engineer role working at our flagship Nuneaton Hub.
You’ll be joining a team of Engineers, working across a PANAMA shift pattern (2 on, 2 off, 3 on, 2 off, 2 on, 3 off) across Days and Nights, who are responsible for Reactive Maintenance and PPM across the Hub.
About the Role:
Our Nuneaton Hub is a new site and on a day to day basis you will report in to our Senior Engineer who will assign PPM and project work across the shift.
The Hub is filled with cutting edge kit and systems including:
- Beumer Sorters
- Interroll Sorters
- Carousel conveyors ( EXPD, ASTEC, LAC )
- Caljan and Sovex boom Conveyors
- SEW MOVIMOT drives
- Profibus and Asi-bus systems
Once you’ve been assigned your work projects it will be up to you decide the best approach and pro-actively find solutions to complex issues. You may work with external Engineers on certain projects as well as wider optimisation groups and Continuous Improvement work.
We are expanding our Nuneaton Hub to process increased volumes and you will be part of that expansion.
To join us at our Hub, you will be a multi-skilled Engineer, ideally with an electrical bias. Some experience of Fault Finding across PLC’s would be beneficial in addition to your 17th Edition (soon to be 18th Edition) Wiring Regs.
This position is ideal for someone who wants to make a difference and be responsible for positive change. Improved and more efficient ways of working are encouraged. This is a great time to be joining us, we’ve grown year on year and we have plans in place for future growth which give you the opportunity to grow with us.
You do not have to have worked in a distribution centre, if you have experience of working multi-skilled in an FMCG, Automotive or Manufacturing site and you believe that you have the transferable and ability to learn new skills, we want to hear from you.
- A qualification if an Engineering discipline (i.e. City & Guilds) or be able to demonstrate experience and skill learnt
- Experience and knowledge in Automation is essential
- Electrical with mechanical knowledge of Drivers, Belts, Motors, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Compressors, Dock Levellers, Roller Shutter Doors, Bar Code camera/ scanner systems and General Maintenance Equipment.
Appreciation of :
- Siemens PLC’s HW & SW
- Programming Units
- Interbus S field networks HW & SW
- Distributed I/O systems
- Computer Architecture
- SCADA Systems
- Electronic field devices
- System Control Hierarchy
- To ensure downtime on Mission Critical Equipment is kept to a minimum by ensuring quick response times and good working practices
- To manage and practice the Company Safety Policy and procedures and ensure that staff are aware and adhering to Health & Safety policy and practices
- To action the request of the Senior Engineer, Engineering /Site Manager
- Communicate and liaise with Operational management, Machine Minders and others as necessary
- To assist in the planning, detailing and specifying frequencies for planned maintenance. To ensure schedules are effectively carried out
- Liaison and monitoring of external contractors on site
- To be aware of technical developments as applicable to the functions supported in the Hub, making recommendations to the Senior engineer, Engineering / Hub manager as appropriate.
- 22 Days Holiday entitlement
- Opt in benefits
“To all recruitment agencies: Hermes does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Hermes employees or any other organisation location. Hermes is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.”
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'