We may have started small but we’ve always had big ideas. Since Speedy was established in 1977 we’ve grown into the UK’s leading hire business. Along the way we’ve won countless awards for innovation, safety and our commitment to training to name but a few. Our people are the heart of our business and it’s their commitment and professionalism that makes us the biggest and the best in the industry.
We deal with thousands of customers every year, providing them with a first class service and helping ensure they can successfully deliver their projects. That’s where you come in.Package description
Competitive salary plus pension, 21 days holiday rising to 26 days after 1 years plus bank holidays, up to 10% Bonus, Life Assurance and our fantastic salary extras scheme that offers cycle to work and various other fantastic benefits along with our great staff discounts.Main responsibilities
The main duties of the role of the HSSEQ Manager will include but not be restricted to:
- Carry out internal and external accident and incident investigations providing reports and identifying causation factors and action plans for prevention. (KPI)
- Assisting Environmental Manager for any Environmental incidents and fuel spillages.
- Support and advise operational staff on accident and incident prevention.
- Liaison with regulatory authorities (HSE, Environmental Agency, Fire Authority etc) as and when required.
- Maintain targeted number of Fire Risk Assessments across depot network.
- Provide SHE advice and assistance to Managing Director, Area Services Director and Senior Managers.
- Produce monthly HSSEQ board reports containing incident and accident details, audit and non-compliance statistics in line with Group reporting procedures.
- Support and advise operational staff on compliance with Health and Safety Policy and industry best practice.
- Maintain an ongoing review of and co-ordinate company requirements with the training department.
- Produce end of month report for H&S Department Director and attend Group HSSEQ meeting to represent the Power business.
- Provide compliance advice to property department as and when required.
- Provide specific business support for tenders and bids.
- Support for Industrial On-sites including Safety Meetings and Annual Conferences (as applicable).
- Advice on and specification of PPE suitability with supply chain, authorising specific requirements where required.
- Advise Depot Assurance team on safety, environmental and audit compliance
- Insurance liaison and claims defensibility attending claims review meetings as required.
- Professional development and maintenance of skills
- Business based project work
- Produce safety related communications
- NVQ Level 4 or above in Occupational Health and Safety Practice.
- CMIOSH or working towards.
- NEBOSH Fire Certificate or equivalent.
- Accredited Environmental qualification(s) (advantageous).
- Lifting Operations Appointed Person (advantageous).
- Working knowledge of electrical safety.
- A minimum of 5 years HSE experience.
- Ability to interpret data and write comprehensive management reports.
- Effective communicator and presenter at all levels.
- Operational and technical knowledge of equipment hire preferable.
- Knowledge of the hire and construction and associated industries essential.
- A keen interest in developing health, safety and environmental performance.
- A desire to improve the quality of the work we do and the products and services that we supply
- Full driving licence.
- A sound working knowledge MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel packages
Speedy Asset Services is the leading provider of equipment and support services throughout the United Kingdom as well as internationally. Speedy’s core business is to provide an extensive range of products and services to their customers to meet any requirements.