This Essex based company’s focus initially lay in commercial re-fit projects and measured term maintenance contracts, both in the public and private sectors.
Over the course of 30 years the company has increased its range of services that can be provided. Much of this expansion has been through strategic acquisitions - providing additional Facilities and Maintenance services. They have an immediate need for a Health & Safety Manager ideally with experience working in the Interior Fitout sector.
Specific responsibilities & accountabilities
- To give strategic leadership of the HSQE Department
- Provide assurance to the board of directors with regards to compliance with the current and future health, safety, fire and environmental legislation and guidance which is in place
- Ensure the continued accreditation for BS ISO 9001:2015, BS ISO 14001:2015 and OHSAS 18001, gaining assurance that shortfalls highlighted through external audit are addressed in a timely fashion
- Ensure that RIDDOR incidents are fully investigated, root cause analysis carried out, actions put in place to prevent re-occurrence and reported to the HSE within a timely manner
- Develop long term strategic plans for HSQE in line with corporate aims and objectives
- Ensure that the HSQE department develop effective networks with external organisations and external bodies e.g. HSE, Environmental Health, Environmental Agency, IOSH, IIRSM
- Work with staff under their line management to promote a positive safety culture.
- Pro-actively monitor and assess compliance of projects and FM activity.
- Develop audit procedures for sites.
- Create suitable and sufficient Construction Phase Plans to meet with CDM Regs 2015.
- Create suitable and sufficient Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS).
- Review suitability of Sub Contractor Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS).
- Deliver new starter inductions where required.
- Deliver internal Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental training.
- Carry out site inspections and internal HSQE audits (travel required).
- Support contract mobilisation.
- Provide relevant information to the business development department to support pre-qualification questionnaire (PQQ) and Tender applications.
- Attend Project meetings where an HSQE presence is required (travel required).
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by the Company.
Health, Safety, Quality and Environment
- The role has a duty of care in protecting the health and safety of employees and others who may be affected by the Company activities.
- The role will ensure all Health and Safety and ISO procedural documents are implemented, reviewed periodically and as circumstances determine, revised and that such revisions are brought to the attention of every employee.
- Ensure that the resources made available are used in an efficient and cost effective manner, so as to ensure that maximum benefit is derived from them in the interests of health, safety and welfare at work of employees.
- Technical competencies
- Relevant professional qualification in Occupational Health and Safety, preferably Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience
- The post holder to be a subscribed member of a professional Health and Safety body namely IOSH, IIRSM or similar
- The post holder is required to interpret legislation and guidance in order to ensure development and implementation of the relevant policies and procedure for staff to adhere to ensure compliance.
- The post holder to have experience working with and in partnership with the HSE both proactively and reactively
- Excellent communication skills are essential including the ability to present to various sizes of audiences at all levels of the company and external clients/bodies
- IT literate, fully competent Microsoft office user
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job