HSEQ Manager, Letchworth
£40,000 - £45,000
39.5 hours per week
20 days plus bank holidays (increases with service to a maximum of 25 days)
Onsite Café supplying discounted food and drink.
Job Purpose: -
- Your advice and support to Directors, Managers, Supervisors, and colleagues will be instrumental to the improvement of the service of the HSEQ department.
- By ensuring that sound health, safety, and environmental practices are identified, documented, and fully aligned to the key business drivers whilst ensuring these are understood and compiled with throughout the organisation. You will support and enable the company to exceed its statutory and contractual obligations in managing all HSEQ aspects.
- This role will be responsible for supporting the maintenance and continual improvement of the following integrated management systems: ISO 18001 OHAS, ISO - Quality and ISO 14001 Environment.
- The HSEQ Manager will provide support to the Production Director and other Directors in all areas relating to health, safety, environment, and quality.
- To develop a strong working relationship with all levels of employees and promote a culture of engagement.
- To carry out management system audits and inspections and manage a programme of corrective/preventative actions for continuous improvement to ensure the highest standards in technical competence and safe working practices are met.
- To monitor, review, improve, and amend the Integrated Management Systems to ensure continual improvement and compliance.
- To support with coordination and completion of ISO 18001 OHAS, ISO-Quality and ISO 14001 Environmental audits and support operational teams with external audits.
- To support the implementation, design, and development of risk management processes, including Risk Assessment, COSHH Assessment, Fire Risk Assessment, Compliance audits.
- To develop and complete HS&E Statutory Health, Safety and Environment Compliance audits and site safety inspections.
- To support production of RAMS, safe systems of work and associated risk management documentation.
- To support delivery of health and safety inductions for new starters
- To identify knowledge of skills gaps (specific focus on safety, company policies and procedures) and implement supportive corrective actions to meet these needs to help ensure competency levels are attained and maintained.
- To provide training and coaching to operational teams in specific matters e.g. Tool Box Talks,
- To compile reports to inform the Operations Director and other Directors of internal audit findings, risk profiles, non-conformity to contractual or external audits and incident trends in order to facilitate improvement.
- To lead accident and incident investigations, utilising root cause analysis and provide advice to operational teams on effective preventative measures to reduce risk.
- To provide concise, factual, and accurate information through status reports to the Operations Director, ensuring all information is available to enable effective decisions and improvements to be made.
Person Specification: -
- Membership of IOSH at Tech IOSH level or similar
- Solid experience within a Health & Safety/Environment role
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- Internal auditing/management experience of ISO
- Qualifications in Fire Safety & Fire Risk Assessment (desirable)
- Fully conversant with Microsoft Office Applications
- Experience in dealing with external auditors.
- Practical experience of producing procedures, risk assessments, method statements
- Ideally to have worked within a manufacturing environment.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Driven by achievement.
- Effective learner and agile thinker.
- Able to organise own workload and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Support colleagues by sharing information and expertise.
- Seek to make improvements, efficiencies, and look for new opportunities.
- Manufacturing experience is essential
It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, if you have not heard from us within 7 days, please take it that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This vacancy is being advertised by Fresh Recruit Ltd who are acting as an employment agency business.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'