Health and Safety Advisor (Horizontal Directional Drilling) - Traveling - Up to £45k (Negotiable DOE) - + Company Vehicle - Pension
Our Client is a well established civils/ utilities contractor based with offices in across the UK. They specialise in providing, construction and maintenance services for infrastructure (usually power) projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for Advising, Supporting & Coaching managers, supervisors & front line staff in issues relating to health and safety. They will also promote, support and contribute to the HSE tactical plan and promote my client H&S record to third parties as necessary. They will also be required to carry out H&S audits, promote a positive health and safety culture and carry out incident investigations as necessary. The team that the successful candidate will join works on projects UK wide, and so the successful candidate should be comfortable spending three to four nights a week away from home.
- Work in line with company principles & objectives to push change & continuous improvement
- Supporting other business functions e.g. operations providing reports within agreed timescales
- Log all issues relating to Health & Safety
- Consult subcontractors on relevant protocol & updates
- Carry out on site & internal office audits
- Operate within company policy & procedures
- Respond to any incidents & agree next actions to resolve
- Where not compliant, issues need to be solved within timescale
- Understanding where employee training is required & implement
- Actively drive communication with client's SHEQ personnel for project cohesion
- NEBOSH construction certificate minimum
- Knowledge of civil/ construction safety issues beneficial
- Experienced dealing with buried services/underground utilities beneficial
- Utilities industry experience preferred
Any confined spaces, cat and genny training/ certifications is an advantage.
- £45,000 up to
- Terrific future prospects within an established and successful business
- Company Vehicle
Key Words- Health and Safety, Utilities, HSEQ, SHEQ, QESH, OHL, Underground Utilities, CAT and Genny, CAT Scanner, NRSWA, Directional Drilling
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job