HSE Manager Manufacturing - Progressive Opportunity
Are you a skilled and personable HSE Manager, who is adept at building rapport at all levels and readily able to break down legislation and processes to make them relevant to the party concerned, thereby gaining their understanding and buy-in to their importance?
Are you willing and able to travel to sites within the UK and Europe as required to take part in group activities and meetings?
Do you seek a position with a highly-successful, well-established and evolving business that offers the right candidate significant scope for progression to a group role?
What makes this group unique is not only their products and technology or proven commitment to both customers and the wider environment, it's their employees, which is something the business openly recognise and are proud of.
Chosen for their integrity, their ability to combine practical skills with creativity and their willingness to listen first, act fast and deliver, employees work collaboratively and are encouraged to put forward ideas and develop their skill sets to ultimately reach their full potential and equally support the business to do the same.
If this is an ethos you feel matches your own and you believe you have the skill set and attributes that will allow you to make the best of this exciting opportunity, then the role of HSE Manager could provide the perfect platform to enhance your career and showcase your capability.
- Reporting directly to the Site Manager and Divisional QUENSH Manager, you will control, manage and monitor the site Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
- You will utilise your exceptional communication skills and persuasive nature to raise the profile of HSE Management across all functions within the site
- You will advise Colleagues and Visitors of all safety, health and welfare matters to ensure the Company complies with its statutory obligations.
- You will take ownership of managing and developing all health and safety procedures, processes and deliver a dynamic safety culture, with the objective of ensuring the safest possible working environment.
- You will be the appointed Site Management Representative for the effective operations and development of the QUENSH management system.
- You will ensure the continued compliance with all statutory regulations, permits, customer specific requirements and certified standards
Experience & attributes sought:
- Experience of working within a manufacturing environment, dealing with and delivering solutions to H&S issues
- Strong, up-to-date knowledge of Environmental & H&S legislation
- NEBOSH Qualification (IOSH considered)
- Experience of managing ISO accredited Management Systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A robust and resilient character with a commercial appreciation of safety in the workplace
- The ability to work unsupervised and use own initiative
- The ability to handle multiple priorities to ensure deadlines/objectives are met
- Willingness to travel within the UK and EU when needed
- A desire to continue own personal development and progress within the organisation
- IEMA qualified (or training towards)
- WAMITAB Certificate or Competence (or training towards)
- Health & Safety
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"