De Lacy Executive is looking to recruit a HSE Manager for an agricultural company in Cambridgeshire. Reporting to the Deputy CEO, the successful candidate will develop and lead a programme of continuous improvement for health, safety and environment standards, systems and procedures. Ensuring compliance with all legal obligations and playing a key role in delivering and maintaining a positive HSE culture throughout the company.
- Liaise regularly with the Senior Executive Management Team and Board of Directors to ensure a proactive approach is taken to HSE.
- Conduct necessary safety audits and reviews to ensure full legal compliance and implementation of all necessary HSE policies, procedures and equipment testing regimes.
- Develop and lead a programme of continuous improvement to safety standards, systems and procedures, ensuring legislative compliance and best practise within the agricultural industry and across multi-disciplined teams.
- Act as a primary point of contact and communicate as appropriate with all regulatory authorities as appropriate.
- Advise management on a range of specialist areas, such as fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, dust, safeguarding machinery, traffic management and occupational diseases.
- Design, develop and implement a long term HSE cultural change programme throughout the business.
- Build effective relationships with influencers across the whole business and raise the profile of HSE.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports on HSE performance.
- Chair the safety management committee meetings.
- Minimum NEBOSH Diploma/Certificate qualification.
- Thorough knowledge of health, safety and environment legislation.
- Four years practical experience of HSE management.
- Good written and oral communicator.
- Presentation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Leadership skills.
- Good negotiator.
- Flexible attitude to working hours.
- Due diligence and sense of responsibility.
The Benefits Package: A competitive and comprehensive salary package which will reflect the experience of the individual.