We are looking for a Health and Safety Advisor to join our client in North Wales. You will be working for a major player in the utilities arena on one of their framework agreements. In return, You will receive a salary of 35, 000 plus benefits.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 08:00-17:00 (40 hrs) 1 hour for lunch
- Manage and maintain Regional Safety, Environmental and Quality Programme.
- Provide professional support and advice to the Management Team and Staff on Occupational Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality matters. Ensuring any relevant changes are cascaded to Operational Health Safety teams for implementation.
- Provide an Assurance and Audit role in the company.
- Assist staff and contractors in respect of compliance with relevant legislation, client standards and contractual arrangements relative to all Company activities.
- Best practice approach to the Companys HSE requirements relevant to the development and consolidation of its LV, MV, HV and EHV services for internal mains and provision of above and below ground installations and electrical cable networks.
- Drive the philosophy of safety ownership and quality throughout all levels of the organisation.
- Engage staff and managers to maximise improvements in safety performance.and discuss with your line manager
Essential Training or Qualifications
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- NEBOSH Environmental Certificate
- or IEMA Associate Certificate
- UK Driving Licence
- ISO 9001 Lead/Internal Auditor
Desirable (or Working towards)
- Nebosh Diploma or Equivalent
- Nebosh Construction Certificate
- Kelvin Top Set investigator or Equivalent
- ISO 18001/14001 Lead/Internal Auditor
- Management Qualification
Essential Key Skills Qualities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Well-developed skills in organising and planning work activity
- Able to develop good customer relations while maintaining full confidentiality
- Member of a relevant professional institute/chartered status
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive with new ideas for efficiencies, improvements
- Good health and safety knowledge and practices
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job