Card Factory is the UK’s leading specialist retailer of greetings cards, dressings, and gifts with over one thousand stores across the UK and Ireland. We have just re-launched an exciting 5-year business strategy including our vision of becoming a customer focused Omni-channel retailer. This strategy sees significant investment into our Support Centre teams with a number of opportunities available to join a fast-paced environment and be part of our exciting journey. If you are passionate about growth, thrive in a fast paced environment and want to deliver real business value through great leadership, now is the time to join Card Factory!
We are now looking for a HR Business Partner for Manufacturing, Distribution and our Supply Chain functions, which are based in West Yorkshire.
This role will be accountable for implementing the people plan including; organisational design, leading change, supporting the development of a talent pipeline, colleague engagement and performance.Main Responsibilities
- Support the development and delivery of a people plan for these functions aligned to the business strategy;
- Build people management and leadership capability through coaching, to ensure that issues are dealt with proactively;
- Lead reviews of organisational design, and continue to lead the implementation of changes through consultation;
- Deliver tactically focused people initiatives with a clear link to driving business performance;
- Support and be a champion for the function in the implementation of the cyclical people review processes, including performance, reward, talent and succession planning;
- Create and role model a positive performance management culture;
- Provide strategic challenge to those you partner;
- Drive the creation and delivery of colleague engagement plans, ensuring that they are fit for purpose and deliver improvements in engagement, and play a critical role in building an open, customer focused and collaborative culture;
- Contribute to the development, and support with the roll out of, people dashboards, monitoring of HR metrics and analysis of trends. Identify root causes and take proactive remedial action;
- Manage and deploy people projects and change initiatives to deliver positive results;
- Oversee and advise on any settlement situations;
- Support and coach the teams on best practice case management, early conciliation, employment tribunals, policy and employment legislation;
- Manage commercially sensitive complex employee relations cases;
- Providing sound advice around employment law and best practice, ensuring compliance with statutory procedures, keeping up to date with changes to legislation;
- Maintaining confidentiality at all times whilst complying with GDPR;
- Being an advocate for great customer service internal and externally.
- Be an experienced Business Partner, preferably within a manufacturing or distribution environment;
- Have up to date knowledge of employment law;
- Have experience of working within a commercially focused multi-site retail business;
- Be CIPD qualified to level 5 or be working towards accreditation, or have relevant experience working in a business partnering role;
- Have a full UK Driving Licence for travelling between sites;
- Demonstrate the ability to work at pace through a high volume of work, balancing immediate requests; and project work;
- Work on their own initiative autonomously;
- Prioritise and manage their own workload effectively;
- Demonstrate tenacity and resilience;
- Embrace radical candor, challenging directly with compassion;
- Build excellent stakeholder relationships, communicate well at all levels;
- Have strong influencing and leadership skills with the ability to influence, coach, and persuade management;
- Have a drive for developing self-awareness.
In return we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- 33 days annual leave entitlement (inc public / bank holidays)
- Save as you Earn scheme
- 15% Staff Discount
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- O2 open mobile contracts
- Salary Finance
- Discounted Car Leasing
- Employee Care
- Flex My Day
- Card Factory Foundation
- MyCardFactory App: discounts at leading retailers
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
For any questions email: (we do not accept CVs/Applications via email)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies please.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'