As HR & Training Advisor you will be responsible for all HR functions while building strong internal client relationships, reporting into Head of Human Resources.
This role would Ideally suit someone that has worked with ADP - payroll and HR system.
Experienced in all aspects of HR and ideally training.
- Give appropriate HR advice (employment law related and/or using our clients Policies/Procedures) on key issues such as disciplinaries, grievances, terms and conditions of employment and employee wellbeing
- Support Managers in Disciplinary and Grievance hearings, including the commissioning of an investigation, where appropriate, guiding and advising the Manager during the hearing, taking appropriate notes and confirming the outcome.
- Ensure that Managers are aware of (and use) clients procedures effectively, treating employees fairly, in line with good practice and legislative requirements whilst meeting Business need.
- Make recommendations for improvements in processes and practices.
- Deliver a timely and accurate HR service to the business which is respected for its professionalism and helps the Company to consistently deliver effective and efficient business performance.
- Respond as appropriate to telephone calls/visits from employees and Managers, encouraging employees to use their Line Managers where appropriate
- Create and produce reports which add value to the business
- To promote and imbed employee Engagement within the business and local community.
- Oversee the employee benefits platform e.g cycle to work.
- Advise manager on best practice recruitment methods and supporting the entire recruitment lifecycle from business case to appointment.
- Ensure appropriate documentation is received from new employees such as evidence of Rights to Work in UK, insurances, driving licences, references and completed application forms
- Ensure that all necessary documentation is issued to potential new hires and they have a successfully on-boarding experience.
Employee Records/New Employees:
- To assist with administrative procedures relating to new and existing employees in an accurate manner and in accordance with required deadlines, maintaining accurate manual and computerised staff records & create and maintain on-line employee records through SAGE
- Ensure that all managers accurately record absence and that all appropriate forms are received and logged appropriately.
- Assume responsibility for supporting managers in managing all short and long term sickness cases in line our policy, including referrals where applicable to Occupational health.
- Monitor attendance levels and provide advice and guidance to managers on how to improve attendance through positive engagement
- Collate all appraisal documentation and hold centrally ensuring compliance from all Managers.
- Ensure that all development needs are captured on the Training Development Matrix
- Produce, Maintain and record a Skills Matrix for all non direct employees. Ensuring compliance will course expiry dates and refresher training.
- Arrange and Book Training courses for the Management Team
- Ensure full utilisation of the Apprenticeship Levy
The above list is not exhaustive but a guideline of the roles main remit.
Knowledge & Experience:
Minimum 5 Years HR Adviser or equivalent experience