Umbrella rate at £20.00 an hour
Working on behalf of a Local Authority, Aatom Recruitment has an excellent opportunity for an experienced HR Specialist (Employee Relations and Policy) role on a 2 month contract with a possibility of an extension. They would like someone who has the experience and knowledge in the following:
Purpose of the role -
To provide a professional solution focused human resource service across all Directorates within the Council and provide complex advice and guidance to all our customers such as staff, managers, on a wide range of people management issues, grievance, disciplinary, absence, performance management and related employment matters.
To be the lead officers advising and supporting all customers within the Directorates on a variety of complex HR case work to deliver best practice and provide a customer focused solution/outcome for the Council.
To ensure casework is logged.
Ensuring consistency with the traded services function where relevant, review, implement and develop HR policies and procedures aiming to streamline processes maximising best practice . This will include the delivery of briefings, management workflows and training sessions to best meet organisational objectives, discussing/consulting with trade unions as appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities - To provide professional advice on all terms and conditions of employment relevant to the Council and keep up to date with employment legislation, best practice, and all national, local and service agreements to ensure that DMBC has a business focussed approach to managing employees with up to date and appropriate policies, procedures and processes.
To support with the day to day management of the HR Service provided to, all Managers at various levels and employees on a wide range of employment related issues, ensuring consistency of approach and correct application of employment legislation, national and local agreements and terms and conditions of employment.
Advise and support, managers at all levels including Directors and Chief Officers on a varied range of complex employee relations matters, including involvement in complex and difficult cases. Provide guidance and support to HR Advisers on priorities, actions and resolutions to their case work.
Provide direct advice and support to Directorates on all complex matters relating to employee improvement and discipline and lead on disciplinary investigations where necessary, including preparation and collation of documentation and correspondence, presenting/co-presenting or supporting managers of cases at hearings.
Provide all operational managers with advice on complex matters relating to grievances.
Offering high level advice on grievance investigations, collation and provide advice to the Investigating Officer on how best to present findings
To advise and support the implementation of organisational change within the Directorates and support with any associated staff redeployment, retraining or redundancy matters. Additionally support the Head of HR Services with corporate programmes.
Provide support and advice to managers within Directorates on handing more complex absence management and staff performance issues including involvement in reaching satisfactory outcomes and solutions including working with Occupational Health and any other professionals/experts as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience -
- Chartered Member of the Institute of Personnel & Development (MICIPD) or with the necessary criteria and prepared to apply for chartered membership.
- Evidence of continuous professional development and keeping up to date with employment law and best practice across all sectors.
- Demonstrate post qualifying experience of providing a range of Human Resource Services at both strategic and operational levels.
- An understanding of the strategic objectives of an organisation and how this relates to the HR function.
- Significant experience of advising and supporting all levels of managers and staff on all disciplines relating to Human Resource issues.
- Experience of assisting managers through change with an understanding of the business and implications involved, then of providing practical HR support.
- Thorough knowledge of employment legislation and experience of interpreting this to support the business.
- Experience of benchmarking and analysis of information including data trends to make informed decisions and support investigations and the development of organisational policy.
- Experience of working in a highly unionised environment.
- Line management experience.
- Employee Relations
- Employment Legislation
- Human Resources
- Learning and Development
- Disciplinary Investigations
- Employees Relations