The Shared Services Organisation requires a Manager to oversee the smooth running of the HR and Partner Helpdesks within the HR Services function of the Shared Services Organisation.
The primary function of this role is to manage both Helpdesk teams to deliver an excellent customer centric service to our people ensuring that service levels agreements are met.
Your role will involve stakeholder management so building strong relationships with key operational teams internally and more broadly across Deloitte is essential. You will also be responsible for escalations from within and about the Helpdesk teams and will be expected to make recommendations for improvements where necessary, get buy in for any proposed changes through to implementation where agreed with the support of the HR Services Senior Manager and Director.
You will support the implementation of harmonised ways of working through the next stages of the development of HR Services as a whole.
The HR Services team totals 130 people, 100 of whom are based in Milton Keynes (including the Helpdesk Manager), and 29 of whom are based in USI, all as part of the Shared Services Organisation. The Shared Services Organisation is based in Milton Keynes in the UK and USI, supporting the UK and Swiss Firms comprising approx. 20,000 Partners and staff including 24 UK Offices and 6 Swiss offices
Leadership & Strategy
• Review and maintain business relevant KPIs, SLAs and OLAs where appropriate measuring achievement against those levels set out and implementing improvement activities where necessary
• Support the delivery of the SSO vision across HR Services.
• Support the growth and development of services across HR Services and migration of services to USI, supporting process streamlining and automation opportunities and adhering to set governance
• Take an active role in the recruitment, induction programme and on-going training for team members
• Develop strategy for the creation of content on the appropriate knowledge hub to support the Helpdesks resolution of queries i.e. HR Online.
• Be actively aware of all projects that could impact the service and take an active involvement in their successful delivery as required
• Contribute to on-going process improvement activities, and other projects arising.
• Keep abreast of Deloitte policy and process developments and ensure knowledge management systems are updated to reflect this.
• Support the HR Services Director in the delivery of consistent HR Services to the Deloitte firm
• Has the ability to monitor and apply helpdesk budget which part of the wider HR Services budget.
• Deputise and support other HR Services teams during periods of management absence.
• Management of the HR and Partner Helpdesk providing support to our people, partners, people managers and wider HR function ensuring appropriate call & query management techniques are applied, handing off to the relevant team at the appropriate time, ensuring that responsiveness and performance targets are met.
• Managing a team to deliver excellent service and ensure customers feel a real sense of ownership of their issue.
• Ensure resource levels meet operational requirements and ensure effective utilisation of resource for the Helpdesks at all times.
• Understand all processes and key contacts involved with Partner and employee processes, policies and services.
• Once created and implemented, continuously review HR online content to ensure that information is up to date and relevant.
• Manage programme of continuous service improvements.
• Play a key coaching role with all team members by providing support as appropriate.
• Produce and review weekly/monthly management information for discussion with other managers in order to identify process improvement issues or learning needs
• Ensure the completion of the quality assurance process to feed into performance reviews.
• Performance management of the team, including check in’s, providing feedback, and dealing with absence management and return to work interviews.
• Provide appropriate coaching and mentoring to team members in line with development plans and seek to upskill and cross-train wherever appropriate
• Ensure all processes and procedures comply with relevant legislation and audit requirements
• Build trusted relationships with HR Services peers and colleagues to enable the team to be provided with the relevant information to perform their role effectively
• Evaluate incoming demand and work with stakeholders to ensure the smooth delivery of existing and new work that the Helpdesk team delivers
• Build trusted relationships with Partner Matters, HR and other Deloitte teams as appropriate.
• Liaison with other Shared Services Organisation teams as appropriate.
• Management of relationships with third-party suppliers where appropriate
Escalations & Complaint Resolution
• Manage queries of a highly complex and individual nature through to resolution.
• Deal with escalations and complaints to an exceptional standard and take ownership for developing lessons learnt and making improvements where necessary
• Alongside the HR Services Leadership team, provide firm wide and overseas disaster management support
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Monday - Friday
Ability to work from home
For a full job description please click apply
Requisition code: 148895