Our client has a fantastic opportunity to join their HR department which currently consists of the Director of HR & Business Services, Senior Manager HR & Business Services, HR Manager, Recruitment Manager, Senior HR Officer and HR Assistant. As the HR team grows, their aim is to recruit astute, motivated and enthusiastic individuals to provide an excellent level of customer service to internal clients and represent the brand externally.
As Reward Advisor within the Human Resources team, your role is to support the delivery of the firm’s reward strategy and programmes, and to process the firm’s monthly payroll.
This is not an exhaustive list and will be subject to change as the firm’s needs alter:
- Act as a 'centre of expertise’, providing advice and guidance to HR colleagues and the business on reward policy in order to ensure the firm is able to effectively recruit and retain top talent. Advise on compensation package design for new hires and promotions;
- Manage the firm’s benefit programmes, including supporting the renewal process, managing relationships with benefit providers, and supporting employees and partners with queries and / or claims in respect of their benefits;
- Process the firm’s monthly payroll in a timely and accurate manner. Calculate payments to be made, including payments for joiners, leavers, family leave and other changes. Input payroll information onto the system, liaising with the firm’s external payroll bureau for payments to be made. Be able to respond to queries from employees about their pay, benefits, tax codes and benefits.
- Support the annual salary review process, including analysis and evaluation of salary survey and benchmark data to inform and update pay strategy;
- Propose and develop new reward and benefit programmes and processes to meet business needs and ensure competitiveness in the market. Lead ad hoc reward projects from concept to delivery (with support from Senior HR Manager as required) e.g. introduction of new benefits, change of reward strategy;
- Maintain the firm’s Wellbeing programme and proactively suggest and develop new Wellbeing initiatives to be introduced, recognising the importance of the health and wellbeing of all their people and that it can play a part in promoting an environment which allows everyone to flourish and reach their full potential;
- Educate and engage the business on the firm’s reward agenda to raise the profile of the reward and benefits offering;
- Take responsibility to ensure the accuracy of the HR database, devise, develop and produce reports of key HR statistics to support better management of the business and specific business groups;
- Ensure that the Edays holiday system is being used effectively. Produce reports from Edays as needed;
- Keep up to date with legislation and market developments to ensure that their reward programme is compliant and optimised for success;
- Credible and proven track record of success within reward / HR, ideally within the legal sector or other professional services environment;
- Experience of managing a payroll process;
- A strong ability to build and maintain working relationships with key stakeholders;
- Has a real interest in reward innovation and engagement;
- Proactive and forward looking. Demonstrates initiative and takes ownership of work;
- Good planning and organisational skills, and able to manage multiple responsibilities and projects;
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to present information effectively both orally and in writing;
- Strong numerical and analytical skills;
- Highly accurate and with a keen attention to detail in all areas of work;
- A lateral thinker, who can suggest new ideas;
- Good time management skills, and a proven ability to multi-task;
- Calm, confident and resilient;
- Ability to form a commercial view and exercise common sense;
- A professional, willing and 'can do’ attitude; and
- Strong IT skills including Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
Assertive Solutions is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy and are committed to equality and opportunity for all candidates.
Due to the high volume of applicants it is not always possible to respond to every application personally. If you have not been contacted within 7 days then you have not been successful on this occasion, however we may hold your CV on file in consideration for alternative vacancies that arise.
Please take a look at our website www.assertive-solutions.co.uk for a full list of our current vacancies.
- Employee Benefits
- CIPD qualified
- Salary Review