The key objective of the role is to facilitate the end to end recruitment process for the Practice groups in London and to contribute to this international law firm's resourcing strategy in the London office.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Managing the end to end recruitment processes for lateral hires across Practice and Practice Support, including assisting the HR Officers/Managers with the administration of their recruitment.
- Acting as the main point of contact for all external recruitment agencies. Developing and maintaining strong relationships including ensuring all Terms of Business agreements are signed, returned and filed.
- Drafting recruitment business cases and benchmarking accordingly.
- Assisting in drafting job descriptions and filing as appropriate.
- Being the super-user for the firm's applicant tracking system, CVMail, and training the HR team members.
- Drafting adverts and advertising vacancies on relevant jobsites and CVMail.
- Organising and attending agency briefings with the hiring manager leading the recruitment.
- Briefing agencies via telephone/email on vacancies as they arise.
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with hiring managers/partners.
- Assisting the HR Managers with advising on all Visa/Immigration processes for potential hires and liaising with our Employment Associates ensuring all steps comply with Home Office/Border Agency standards and are documented fully.
- Scheduling interviews with internal and external candidates.
- Being the super-user for the video interview platform, Shortlister. Creating, distributing, monitoring video interviews and training internal clients/team members.
- Telephone screening candidates to assess competencies and motivations.
- Holding competency based interviews, for some of the Practice Support vacancies.
- Providing feedback to agencies and direct candidates.
- Checking, processing and tracking invoices received for permanent, contract and temporary staff.
- Producing reports and feedback on agency performance, measuring success rates of alternative means of recruitment and monitoring costs of recruitment.
- Managing and responding to speculative applications.
- Working with the Recruitment Officer for the Business Services department to create and send the Executive Board a monthly recruitment report and a quarterly People Report.
- Working with the HR generalist team to ensure a smooth transition after offer through to on-boarding, if necessary.
- Assisting the HR Managers with writing the recruitment budget.
- Advising our HR Systems Manager on implementing a new recruitment module with the new HR system.
- Championing and increasing the extent to which the firm recruits via direct hiring methods such as the employee referral scheme, social media, online direct advertising, the use of networks (such as alumni), thereby reducing the reliance on agencies.
- Advising colleagues in the international offices on direct recruitment.
- Internal communication of vacancies and any other relevant information on a weekly basis.
- Negotiating fees / packages with agencies and publications / online advertising suppliers.
- Picking up other ad hoc duties within the HR team, including Graduate Recruitment activities, where necessary.
The Successful Applicant:
- Recruitment experience in the legal sector, within a professional services or recruitment agency environment is necessary.
- Ability to build relationships and influence senior stakeholders and challenge where appropriate.
- Ability to deal with high level workloads and changing priorities.
- Enthusiastic, robust and proactive with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Approachable, team player.
- Excellent interviewing skills are desirable as well as knowledgeable in selection techniques and sourcing options.
- Strong diary management skills are essential.
- Extensive knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Previous knowledge of working with a recruitment database.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to deal with people at all levels and internationally.
This is a full time permanent role and is part of a lovely HR Team in a successful international law firm, offering good future progression opportunities. The salary is around the £30,000- £35,000 mark, but its worth discussing salary expectations.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy please do not hesitate to contact Rowena Bubb of Lewis Row Ltd for further information and a discussion.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job