Summary of Department:
The HR Consultancy team plays a critical role in the delivery of a broad range of HR deliverables to the business, with a focus on delivering against an organisation wide “people plan”.
The HR function works in partnership with the business to deliver an organisation wide approach to the management of people, reflecting that the business encompasses a range of business models and approaches but that the organisation’s intent is to maximise the contribution and potential of all employees. The function leads the organisation’s approach to effective and compliant people management, talent retention and development and employee engagement, operating within the corporate governance and risk frameworks. HR develops and implements people management interventions that result in improved organisational performance, sustainability and profitability through the appropriate resourcing, development and reward of its people.
Summary of Role:
The HR Consultant (HRC) will lead strategic and operational HR programmes and projects within HR or out in the wider business. The HRC is the people lead on key people change initiatives, responsible for managing a portfolio of projects and making a proactive contribution to delivery of the business agenda. The HRC will also be required to participate in the management and resolution of complex and/or sensitive HR casework, up to and including preparation of cases for employment tribunal, to ensure that such cases are contained within appropriate risk tolerances.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and deliver HR projects and support business initiatives by providing specialist HR intervention and following the project lifecycle – contracting with the business/sponsor, creating plans, risk and issue logs, charting milestones and deliverables and seeing these through to completion, with excellent stakeholder management and reporting at all times.
- Proactively work with project sponsors and stakeholders to develop a strong understanding of the challenges facing the business, focusing on the delivery of value-added HR interventions to support business goals.
- Guides, coaches and supports managers with senior / complex / sensitive employee grievances, performance and disciplinary cases, ensuring that decisions made are commercial, take account of company policies, procedures and employment law and protect the organisation’s reputation. Supports with the preparation and presentation of cases which go forward to an employment tribunal.
- Acts as a subject matter expert to people managers and to HR colleagues
- Contributes to a culture of continuous improvement. Contributes to new process, procedures and practice to enhance the customer experience, reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- Strong stakeholder management
- Strong project management skills
- Tolerant of ambiguity and comfortable with change
- Able to cut through complex issues and present practical solutions
- Good planning and organisation capability
- Commercial insight
- Good analytical skills
- Good influencing skills
- Good facilitator
- Strong understanding of relationship management approaches
- Strong understanding of the employment legislative framework
- Good understanding of project lifecycle
- Well developed understanding of mediation approaches
- Solid experience of delivering HR interventions in a project framework
- Experience of coaching managers including senior managers in people related issues
- Experience of managing attendance, capability, behavioural and efficiency issues
- Experience of working in a unionised environment
- Degree level qualification or equivalent experience
- Evidence of continuous professional development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job